Tv film work experience

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, I'm a level 3 make up artist student n I was wondering if anyone knows how or who to contact to gain any work exp relating to tv, film, magazines ect? Thanks X : )

I check craigslist in the gigs section. My plan for just starting out (i've seen craigslist posts like this) is to post an ad as a makeup artist looking for a photographer who's building their portfolio. It's unpaid work but it sounds like a good way to get started and have something to show people who are looking to hire.

I check craigslist in the gigs section. My plan for just starting out (i've seen craigslist posts like this) is to post an ad as a makeup artist looking for a photographer who's building their portfolio. It's unpaid work but it sounds like a good way to get started and have something to show people who are looking to hire.
WRONG! Craigslist and kijiji are definitely buyer beware sites. 9 times out of 10 you will get ripped off. That one gig out of ten will be legit, but you must ask a lot of 20 questions to protect yourself.

And that's too much risk for too little return on your investment of your time, never mind your product, travel, and food expenses. So already you're out of pocket before you even break even. 

To answer the question: Check out Mandy.com for legit make-up postings for film/TV, photo gigs. Even check out the boards of make-up, hair, theatre schools for gig postings.

Latest posts

Back