starlooks March 2015 (SPOILERS)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
the march looksbook is up!

March’s theme is Color My World

These unusually frigid days call for us to turn up the heat! It may not feel like it’s almost Spring, but a girl can dream!And how better to dream than with some dreamy NEW products from Starlooks! That’s right… this month’s Starbox will feature one brand new, never seen before item – launched exclusively to March Starbox Members first!

Starlooks1.jpg

Starlooks2.jpg

I am wondering if the new product is a lip paint ~ there have been rumors of that in the past few months.   There is a huge emphasis on the eyes, maybe an eyeshadow or two?

I'm also thinking there might be a bronzer/highlighter, because of the emphasis on the cheeks and face and the talk about turning up the heat. Bronzer can definitely fake that!

I'm also thinking there might be a bronzer/highlighter, because of the emphasis on the cheeks and face and the talk about turning up the heat. Bronzer can definitely fake that!
I hope it's not. I'm black! I don't need a friggin bronzer!

I do  not care for that eyeshadow look at all, but holy crap that model is pretty.

Anyone get the email yet about the sub change? I don't think I will be participating since I'm not a fan of paying to receive coupons in sub boxes. Most of them don't work for me anyways since I'm international.

yeah, I got it.  I don't use the coupons quite frankly either.   I may do the classic one (as I like the surprises) and see how the custom one goes for others....I think that it was good that starlooks lowered their price to 12.00 , but the coupon thing might be a problem for me - unless they do some really good skincare stuff.

I'll  be cancelling after may. I don't want to receive coupons/gift cards and I'm not interested in a box with life style items. I think the travel size thing is a cool idea, and I hope they sell that stuff on their website.

This was fun while it lasted, and I hope they do well.

mine will be delivered today, but I did find this on ig

928759_360746770780502_315465906_n.jpg

wow with the hot pink lips....I don't think I can pull that off.  I am hoping it is more muted than what it shows here - the pic looks more toned done.

mascara and clear gloss, okay. 

I just wrote them an email explaining how disappointed I was in the change. I initially joined because Starbox was one of the few remaining all-makeup subscription boxes, and having some of the value of the box going towards gift cards I can't use and have no interest in is a real issue for me.

I am so tempted to join Wantable Makeup now, even though with exchange and shipping to Canada, it will probably cost me about $70 a month.

When I did the survey, I never mentioned "gift cards" as a thing I wanted.  I like it when they add additional items, like the brush cleaner, but I don't want gift cards - I never use them, because they usually state that you have to purchase 50.00 to get 10.00 off or something like that.

I used to sub to Wantable - hated it.  Really was one of the more expensive subs and the profile (at that time) was not good enough to weed out my dislikes.  Plus they overinflated stuff big time, which isn't a huge issue if a box is like 20.00, but at 35.00, yeah, it pissed me off.

I am not feeling the starbox changes either. I've been saying that I need to pare down my subs, but I'm sad to see this one go. I'll try the first month or so (of the classic - I like surprises!) and see how it goes, but I don't have very high hopes.

@sarahtyler  me too.  I just dropped another makeup sub (I have too much makeup!!) but this one, I kept on.  I will see what the new sub is like, and go from there.

I don't mind getting travel sizes at all - but the gift card thing should be an extra and not used as part of your "box"

Latest posts

Back