Is organic skincare worth it?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am a big proponent on organic and all natural products.  Is anyone using any good brands?  I've always been really concerned about the amount of chemicals that are in the products I use especially since most of my skincare is applied directly to my skin.

I know that there are other people who feel this way, but is it purely placebo or is it actually good for you?

For instance, my sister is more concerned with results than the effects of any toxins etc.

Anyway, love to here what people think here.

Best,

Mikey

Hi Mikey,

I feel exactly the same about putting harsh toxins and chemicals into my skin. Our skin is a sponge that sucks up all the toxins around us so why add to that with products which are full of bad chemicals?! Luckily, a couple of years ago I found this amazing product line called Arbonne and it is the best thing I ever put on my skin.

It is a swiss formulated product which is botanically based and vegan certified. There are no animal products or by-products, no petroleum based ingredients, no hormone-altering ingredients, no artificial dyes or fragrances, and no toxins or formaldehyde.

There are skincare produces for Men, Women and Children. As well as makeup products, bath and body products and nutrition products.

-Grace

Last edited by a moderator:
I would also highly recommend Arbonne! I've used it for just over 12 months now and my skin has never been better. I know someone who is an independent consultant if you'd like any more information, please let me know :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I've never known anyone I've recommended it to, to be disappointed!! 

I am also very particular with putting any harsh chemicals on my face or hair, I understand completely. I am obsessed with ISA Professional's EVAO (Extra Virgin Argan Oil), its organic, fair trade and not tested on animals. It leaves my hair and skin super soft and healthy, it is amazing stuff!! I also love their XANADU 24K Vitamin C Serum, though that one isn't organic, it's made with very few ingredients and works well as a makeup primer.

The short answer is YES. They are free of parabens, surfactants, artificial fragrance and dyes. All which cause cause major inflammation to the skin. Not to mention toxins that are in other products.

My favorite organic product line is Naturopathica. They are ECOCERT certified. Which means they go under a vigorous certification process for the ingredients they put in their products. 

You're absolutely right about staying away from all the chemicals in cosmetics.  It's absorbed transdermally and can mess with hormones and be carcinogenic.  I made a video about it. I hope it helps answer some of your questions and gives you product ideas. 

Organic beauty products are really good for health and nature-friendly. There are no side-effects. Organic and naturally-derived health and beauty products make a world of difference! From last few months, I am using natural beauty products of Kaiame Naturals and got the good result.

I love Aveda products, they are all-natural and organic when possible. I don't know if they are better, but I feel better using them.

I use all natural skincare products from LimeLife by Alcone. Their products are out of this world, and make such a difference to my skin since using them.

If you’d like to try some free samples, feel free to PM me and I can send you some! :)  

Hi Mikey,

I have read your topic and I have a certain interest in it. I have been really following different brands and been working on their products and most of the skin care and personal care brands use a certain amount of chemicals in their products. This not only damages your skin in the long run but also it damages the body on a cellular level.

I have come to an end and found one brand that offers the best skin care, hair care, and personal care products. I have used their products personally and recommended others too. They have promising results.

Their products are chemical free, all natural and organic, handmade, and they are against cruelty and animal testing.

Please do visit their online store and know more about their products.

Conatural

https://www.conaturalintl.com/

I hope this helps anyone.

Regards;

Natural skincare products are great. They're free from toxins, chemicals and several irritants. I've been getting into small business skincare and plant-based skincare - here are a few brands that I've tried and loved.

Narloa - Balancing oil and Aloe lemon face wash

Among the flowers - Purify face mask

Alexa sky botanicals - Zen mist facial essence toner

Guiltless skin - Charcoal and sweet orange cleanser

Hope that helps :)

Natural skincare products are great. They're free from toxins, chemicals and several irritants. I've been getting into small business skincare and plant-based skincare - here are a few brands that I've tried and loved.

Narloa - Balancing oil and Aloe lemon face wash

Among the flowers - Purify face mask

Alexa sky botanicals - Zen mist facial essence toner

Guiltless skin - Charcoal and sweet orange cleanser

Hope that helps :)
Thanks for these tips!

Latest posts

Back