How to keep eyeliner in place

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just read an article by Byrdie about a trick for keeping eyeliner in place longer. First you draw the line and then top it with a powder and then do another layer of the liner. It's also recommended to use the powder before using the eye liner to make sure that the eyelid is free of oils. You can also use an eye shadow on top of the last layer of the liner to make sure it stays in place.

I usually just use a waterproof pen liner or a cake liner and they seem to stay in place well. Sometimes I add eye shadow on top if I want to make sure it lasts a long time but most of the time not. The above steps sound like too many steps for me. What are your tips for keeping eyeliner in place?

I have really oily skin, and same applies to my eyelids!!  I've found though that placing my foundation (liquid) on my eyelids, followed by powder bronzer is a nice base.  Then I just apply my eyeliner with any eyeliner pencil, and Maybelline New York's gel eyeliner over this.  It stays on alllllll day!!  No smudging or black residue anywhere :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back