Cool, warm or neutral? (pics)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I just ordered some samples from Meow cosmetics. I am now wondering if I ordered the right ones. I always thought I had a slight yellow undertone, but now I'm not really sure after looking at their many foundation shades. I attached some photos of myself in sunlight with and without makeup. My hair has a coppery tone in full sun, but I think I look cooler and darker indoors. I think my best colors are red-plum, teal, midnight blue, and mauve/dusty rose. If I HAD to pick a jewelry color that looks best I'd say gold. I always get confused when I'm buying foundation. Please help me decide my undertone! Am I pink? Yellow? Peach? None of the above?

Thanks for your input!

IMG_1594.JPG

Christmas Parades Dec 2, 2011 034 (2).jpg

You are pretty! Love the pictures. Picking out foundation colors is hard online yet I still do it myself. I'm too lazy to go to the counter. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20"> It's also hard to say based on pictures because the lighting can throw things off. Based on the pictures and what you are saying, I would be leaning more towards warm colors with slight yellow undertone. I wouldn't say pink for sure.

I agree with Reija, while it is very difficult to judge a skin tone from photos, I am also leaning towards "warm"

Yellow does not mean warm all the time, there is cool and warm yellow. That being said, I think you are fairly neutral without overt pink tones, so stick to yellower foundations. 

Latest posts

Back