I need an idea of this...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am about to drop my job and go back to schooling, and my desires are to be... well, a makeup artist. I have always, always wanted to be, however, I am a realist, and I want to get into a job where while I could love it, I could definitely make a career and money off of.

I love the idea of learning makeup, but I also want to go beyond that. I want to be able to do pretty much what you see on Face Off. Stuff to that level of artistry.

I live in a town south of Boston and if I wanted to go to Empire Beauty School, there's one five minutes away from South Station, so it would work pretty well for me. My question is, would it be worth it to me? .... Actually, let me ask a few questions:

- Are there that many opportunities that present themselves that go beyond salon work?

- If I couldn't find anything and had to resort to salon work, on average, how much do salon workers make an hour roughly? (Excluding tip obviously)

- How much do kiosk workers at say, Macy's or Lord and Taylor typically make?

- How many years would I have to attend to get the best of the experience and learning?

- Is(are) the job(s) more stressful or actually fun?

- If you seriously were to recommend going, would you say this is a career thing in the end, or more so a hobbyish thing?

Any other information to help me would be great, like scholarships to get in on and so on. I need pretty much all the help I can get. I am already in the red for being transgender, so I want to make sure I'd be pretty secure going this path. I am currently saving for trans stuff, so yeah....

Latest posts

Back