New Clarins Everlasting Foundation +

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Clarins came out with a new long lasting foundation that is said to last 18 hours and is made with organic quinoa. I wonder how this compares to Estee Lauder's Double Wear. I ended up ordering it online guessing the color because I really want to try this.  :)   I love my Guerlain foundation but it doesn't last all day so I'm interested in trying this one.

Clarins everlasting.jpg

The old version of this was one of my two HG, the other one being Guerlain Ldp. The Clarins one is not as luminous as the LdP, but it gives a lovely matte(but not flat) finish. I need to stop in to get a sample. The only downsides is that the shades don't match me exactly. 108 is a bit too yellow and while 107 matches my face exactly, it's a bit pink compared to my neck. I can't wait to try out the new formula.

This is a pic of me using the old one. As you can see it gives really nice coverage.

CAM00734.jpg

Forgot to add that it does not settle and accentuate my pores like ELDW does. ELDW just looks like I have stage makeup on. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Ooh, I love the look! Looks so pretty! Glad I ordered it. I ended up going with 107 shade. Not sure how it's going to work if it's on the pink side but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. So glad to hear this is your other HG since the Guerlain LdP is my current HG. Now I'm even more excited to get this. Thanks for the info! I found ELDW to be heavy as well. It worked great for a wedding I was attending and for pictures but a bit too much of full coverage for day time for me.

Ooh, I love the look! Looks so pretty! Glad I ordered it. I ended up going with 107 shade. Not sure how it's going to work if it's on the pink side but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. So glad to hear this is your other HG since the Guerlain LdP is my current HG. Now I'm even more excited to get this. Thanks for the info! I found ELDW to be heavy as well. It worked great for a wedding I was attending and for pictures but a bit too much of full coverage for day time for me.
That's funny that we like ended up with the two same foundations. Definitely let us know how the new formula works for you.

I wore the foundation for the first time today and I have to say I really like it. I'm so glad I got this. It's very similar to Guerlain LdP, maybe not quite as nice but the coverage is great and feels really light. I didn't find it lasting all day on me but I didn't expect it to. The color 107 ended up being a great color for me also. I paired it with the Instant Light base which I bought at the same time with the foundation. The base reminds me of Beauty Flash balm. Next I'm going to try the foundation without the base to compare the results.

I wore the foundation for the first time today and I have to say I really like it. I'm so glad I got this. It's very similar to Guerlain LdP, maybe not quite as nice but the coverage is great and feels really light. I didn't find it lasting all day on me but I didn't expect it to. The color 107 ended up being a great color for me also. I paired it with the Instant Light base which I bought at the same time with the foundation. The base reminds me of Beauty Flash balm. Next I'm going to try the foundation without the base to compare the results.
Gah, I'm so impatient to try this out but I can not go anywhere near makeup or skincare counters because we are flat broke this week. First world problems!!!!!!

I've shopped too much lately so have to stick with this foundation for a while. Luckily it ended up being ok. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20"> Hope you get to try it soon.

Latest posts

Back