Five Makeup Rules To Break

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just read an article on Zoe report about the 5 makeup rules you should be breaking. The first one is that one shadow is enough for the eyes. I do this all the time because of lack of time, glad to know it's now considered trendy. :D Although today I "broke" the rule and I'm wearing 3 eye shadows layered.  :)

Here are the rules per the article:

1. One shadow is enough
  2. Say Yes To Glitter
  3. Rock Raccoon eyes
  4. Skip The Lip Liner
  5. Forget the top lashes

shadow-600x600.jpg

YEs to one and four, hell no to the rest. There's no way I'm sporting glitter.

I have never worn a lip liner. I actually hate this whole raccoon eyes trend, my bestie does it and it always just looks sloppy. I'll stick to neatly defined eyes for now.

I only own one lip liner and I basically use it as a lipstick lol. The raccoon eyes happens on accident sometimes, especially in the summer.  

1. One shadow is enough  - not going to happen with me.
  2. Say Yes To Glitter  -yes, I like this one
  3. Rock Raccoon eyes - no way! 
  4. Skip The Lip Liner  - yes - I rarely use lip liner
  5. Forget the top lashes  - NO WAY
so, 2 & 4 I am okay with.  But 1, 3 & 5 - NO.

1. One shadow is enough - Yeah, but 2+ is even better (even in a rush, I like to use one all-over, one in the crease)

Say Yes To Glitter - But don't overdo it. Isn't this something that's common...glitter eyeshadows...?
Rock Raccoon eyes - Um. No.
Skip The Lip Liner - This is totally fine. I almost never use lip liner. It really depends on your lips, I guess. A lip brush works fine at smoothing out edges.
Forget the top lashes - I'm okay with this, but not for a glam look...everyday, sure, if I'm feeling lazy...

Latest posts

Back