mudskipper

Julep: April 2015 Spoilers

Have any longer term subscribers had issues with polish becoming gummy/thick and unusable? I've tried my standard rescue trick adding remover but no it didn't work. I had to pitch 6 bottles last night. A few months ago I had also lost 6+ bottles for the same reason. They're all from the last 12 months and several had never even been opened. I don't think it's a storage issue on my end since I store all polish in the same location and haven't had any other brands do this, even much older opened bottles. I'm guessing it's the "5 free" lack of preservatives causing it. I change polish daily so I go through Julep bottles fairly quickly. I'm super bummed because I lost my all time favorite, the Valentines Day 2014 gold-red micro glitter :-(

I find this happens a lot to my Julep top coats and base coats. They work well the first few times and then end up a gummy mess.

All my top coats & base costs from julep have become thick & just useless. I think the polish formula has gotten better recently. When I first joined julep ( around 2.5 years ago ) all the polishes went on super thick & we're just awful.

I've always been able to fix my older polishes w/ polish thinner - NOT remover, that will make things worse in the long run, even if it sometimes seems to help initially - but I also agree that julep's formula has improved over the original/ first polishes.

The only thing I've not been able to rescue was the last 25% of the original oxygen nail treatment.

Hope this helps!

P.S. I'm loving the brow product, though not sure why they are calling it a powder as it is definitely more of a creme/ pomade. Either way I really like it though, & the shade I decided on is perfect for me. I'm fair w/ neutral that leans slightly warm undertones & have dark/ ash-blonde hair. If I'd gone w/ the blonde/ fair/ warm recommendation per their chart I would have gotten warm brown but I went w/ my gut & chose taupe & it's perfect.

• Like 1

Have any longer term subscribers had issues with polish becoming gummy/thick and unusable? I've tried my standard rescue trick adding remover but no it didn't work. I had to pitch 6 bottles last night. A few months ago I had also lost 6+ bottles for the same reason. They're all from the last 12 months and several had never even been opened. I don't think it's a storage issue on my end since I store all polish in the same location and haven't had any other brands do this, even much older opened bottles. I'm guessing it's the "5 free" lack of preservatives causing it. I change polish daily so I go through Julep bottles fairly quickly. I'm super bummed because I lost my all time favorite, the Valentines Day 2014 gold-red micro glitter :-(

If they're from the last year I would definitely call & complain. The little jar on the back of the polish packaging has a "30" which means they should last 30 months after they are opened, so Definitely more than a year! That's standard practice re: the labeling, not something that is specific to julep, & I did have one julep CS rep try to tell me that it meant the # of months from sale?! - which doesn't make sense even, b/c that varies widely - when I called about a their CC creme literally being brown (in the lightest shade) a few months after I bought it; someone else then apologized & rectified the issue but just in case you get the same mis-informed guy I thought I'd let you know! Good luck & sorry to hear about your polishes; that definitely shouldn't be happening!

Did anyone buy anything from the Secret Store? I really only did so I could use the GETCOLOR promo and pick up some of the glitter polishes I was missing.

Apparently you can use the promo code twice, and Ebates is now 5% on Julep orders so it was a great deal all around.

How do you use that code?

How do you use that code?

I believe you have to spend $15 and then add a full priced polish to your cart and you can use the code.

• Like 1

Did anybody else get last months silver holo? If you didn't , your not missing out. First , I had to apply 3 coats to get coverage, secondly, there's like 0 holo action going on here. So Boring... On a positive note, I do love the other 3 colors I got!!