Glossybox April 2015 *Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is going to be the last box of my 3 mo. sub, and to be honest, I think I'm dropping this one.

I subbed to a whole bunch of boxes at the beginning of the year, going for yearly subs on the majority, but I held off on getting a year of this one because, despite being the 'nicest' for my age group and things I like (body vs. makeup), I had heard that their CS was iffy, and I am glad I did. Not only have I HAD to contact them over things arriving broken, or my box not getting shipped in timely manner, the response, when I have got one, has been a) wrong b ) snide c) not really helpful. Plus, and this is being picky, on social media, this is the ONE company that hasn't acknowledged any of my posts/interactions. So nah, I'm over it, I have other places I can spend my $20 where I feel appreciated as a customer. I grabbed a BB man for the hubby this month with points (and for points, heh!) , and the first one already has more stuff he'll use than I will out of this month's Glossybox.

I see I have the option to unsubscribe now..will this affect me getting this last box, or should I gamble and wait, possible getting charged for another 3 mos I don't want?

TIA!

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't wait to cancel. They changed their policy sometime last year to where I think you had to cancel by the 20th of the month before or something to avoid getting charged for the next month. So they might have already dinged you. I ended up getting an extra box at the end of my last sub that I hadn't wanted because of that.

Thanks!

I like the stuff I've gotten, I just wish they trained the CSR folks a little better. I expect the $5 Walmart box to be a hot mess, but at $21 a month, I expect a higher level of professionalism from this one. When I see some people online getting doubled boxes and mine isn't even packed yet, and I inquire about the delay, waiting several days to respond and then only with the terms of my sub, getting the dates and duration wrong, is INSULTING. It actually shipped between then and now, so a chipper, "hey, looks like it just went out, we had some delays, sorry about that, thanks for your patience!" would have been eons better than essentially telling me to screw off, they were in the legal right, so sit down and shut up. :rolleyes:

When and where do the Spoilers for Glossybox come out? 

Has anyone used their Glossydot points?  I have 1100 and it says you get a free box at 1000.  Just wondering.

Thanks JHG, for the spoiler!

I have been waiting for a coupon code to subscribe. Now with the sale on Rue La La, I just have to wait until tomorrow, so i get the new April Box and not the Classic Box. I am not super excited about the product spoiler, I was really hoping for that make-up bag on their instagram page, but I Loooooove the box design. Now I just have to decide if I want to go for the 1 month or the 6 month. 

Is there some method to Glossy deciding who gets the "classic" boxes? Thankfully I didn't get one in March (would have been unhappy if I did). Granted my Mar bag wasn't very useful since the concealer and the lip-cheek stain were dried up and unusable but was still better than the classic.

On the subject of renewals, be very careful waiting as others have pointed out. They changed the policy with zero notice to existing subscribers which led to many angry customers demanding refunds. Even worse, they renewed a bunch of GIFT subs, which were billed as one time charge/stand alone boxes. Basically every time I resub I mark the deadline to cancel on my calendar with a reminder. My most recent 3 months are up after Apr and I'll be canceling no later than the 15th. They may say the deadline is the 20th but my experience is you meet the deadline based not on when you unsubscribe but when they process your request to unsub. I'm always tempted by the 3 month deals and in fact have never subbed without one (I stopped bothering using the free gift incentives after it took me 4 months to track one down last fall). But with the apparent box variations and not being able to predict if I'll receive one, I don't think I'm pulling the trigger this time.

The box is super cute! I'm a bit confused though, does this mean the boxes will only have those 2 products or were these just the spoilers released so far? I haven't seen full spoilers on MSA someone else mentioned but I might have just missed it. I love the Aerin fragrances but could live without the Estée Lauder spot corrector. It was a semi-recent feature item in an Allure SS box and did nothing for me but mostly because EL resumed animal testing last year for entry into the China sales market (at least that's what I read a few months back) so I don't use their products. Here's hoping the rest of the box is great. I've enjoyed pretty much everything this year so far, even if it was the idea of a product (like the unusable concealer and cheek tint; I loved that they were part of the box and just assumed I got some duds).

I'm confused and hope someone can help me. I'm trying to sign up for the April glossybox. On their site it says first month "april" first box "classic glossybox" there is also a a picture of the supposed April box cover. so if I sign up today which am I getting? I don't want the classic glossybox!

I'm confused and hope someone can help me. I'm trying to sign up for the April glossybox. On their site it says first month "april" first box "classic glossybox" there is also a a picture of the supposed April box cover. so if I sign up today which am I getting? I don't want the classic glossybox!
I'm also showing if I order now a classic box - I wonder if they are doing this to rope people in for at least two months - the first you get the blah box, but then you get the nice new one. It's just barely April, so if the only box we can get at this point is the classic box, then I'm pretty annoyed.

Okay, I signed up for 3 month sub in feb, decided to cancel this month, but still have one box left. Will I get still get the regular box, or will I get another 'classic' box because I am not 'active'? Or will I even get a box at all???

I am only seeing 1st month: April   Where does it say 1st box? 

" Basically every time I resub I mark the deadline to cancel on my calendar with a reminder. My most recent 3 months are up after Apr and I'll be canceling no later than the 15th. They may say the deadline is the 20th but my experience is you meet the deadline based not on when you unsubscribe but when they process your request to unsub.."
Good Call Fashion Diva, but make that the 14th. It looks like they recently changed their cancellation date. I just came across (if you scroll all the way to the bottom of their home page, click  contact. This is on the right side of that page) this on their website:

MONTHLY UPDATES

The February Classic Boxes and March Boxes are in the process of shipping!

The deadline to cancel the April charge run is 11:59pm EST on March 14, 2015. The April charge run will take place between April 1-10.

*Be sure address changes are made by the 1st of the month! Otherwise USPS will charge a forwarding fee.*

and this is from their terms and conditions : 

The Monthly plan cancellation request via your account page will take effect only if submitted prior to the 15th of the month that your existing subscription plan is due to renew. (e.g. you must cancel by February 14th if you want to cancel your March charge/box

So my March Glossybox finally shipped yesterday. I logged into the website this morning and saw I had a survey alert. I am so disappointed!! I did not get not one advertised product for the month of March!! I ordered my box before the March box "sold out"!! This has not been a great first impression. I'm hoping I enjoy what I receive even though everything was completely unexpected!! I'm giving it another chance for April. If I end up not receiving any of the spoilers, I will probably end up cancelling,

Latest posts

Back