Help! I Burnt my Hair!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I feel really stupid right now. I mistakenly tried to curl my hair with my flat iron without thinking first. I tried and then I burnt my hair. Now I think it's grey? But in some lighting it's not! I don't know! I'm a mess. Any tips to help burnt hair?? Is it possible for your hair to turn grey by burning it? :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I think the first thing you need to do is get all the burnt hair cut off.  When my hair was damaged my hairdresser cut all my broken and split ends off.   She then made me get a Hair Repair System, Pro Naturals, and made sure that I religiously used the leave in Moroccan Argan Oil treatment after every shampoo. My hair is restored now but I still use Pro Naturals alongside my everyday Australian Tea Tree shampoo & conditioner.

No I don't think burning your hair can make it grey, it has probably stripped the natural colour, but I am sure that the new growth from your roots will be your natural colour, the burnt hair is just dead anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back