Le Matchbox (Jouer Quarterly Subscription) *SPOILERS*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Description: 

A quarterly beauty subscription box, tailored just for you. No more guessing which colors are right, Jouer delivers the perfect products right to your doorstep. Each selection is determined by responses to our quiz, providing you with an assortment of full size Jouer essentials most flattering for your coloring and suitable for your skin type.

Each curated box is accompanied with a mini magazine providing product details and application tips. Jouer delivers the most advanced skincare benefits, effortlessly luxurious colors, in smart on-the-go packaging.

Whether you’re an experienced makeup artist, a makeup addict (like me!) or need an uncomplicated way to select the right formulas and shades for effortless beauty, Le Matchbox is for you. 

$45 a quarter for $150 value.  Sign up at https://jouercosmetics.com/le-matchbox (but make sure you create a username first, if you want to get an email confirmation)

Did anyone else sign up for this?  I was all over it, but I failed to sign in first so now I have to call Jouer and link it to my account.  Not sure why they wouldn't ask for an email address when signing up for the program, seems like a major oversight.  I am glad to see more companies taking le métier de beaute's lead on this; Jouer is a brand I am very interested in but I own few of their products. 

Oh and I also wanted to add that I have serious concerns about their questionnaire.  It was just a bunch of questions to determine that I am cool toned, nothing about what particular shade of complexion products I would wear.  I'm a little worried it just means I'm only getting pink toned blushes and lippies and they won't send me anything coral or peachy.  I like those colors too!

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like there is already pictures of a warmer box and a cooler box on IG, under #jouermatchbox. 

There is the leopard it bag ($28), a blush ($26), the flat kabuki brush ($14), a moisturizing lip gloss ($22), the daily repair treatment oil, a perfume oil sample, a lash curler, and what appears to be a liquid liner pen. 

I AM SO EXCITED. 

Signed up for this & very excited for it...but made the same mistake of not registering first on their site. Entered in my payment because its the first box that pops up when you click on subscribe & my card was charged. However, they don't have any information except my card information, no address or even my name. So need to call them as well. Bet a lot of people have made the same mistake. Still, excited about this box I've liked every MU product I've tried from them. 

Their customer service number is 1-800-315-5374 for those who made the same mistake.  But they aren't answering the phone and there is no room on their mailbox to leave a vm.  Another option is email: [email protected]

I am impatient so I have tried both; I'm clearly part of the problem. 

When I first signed up it didn't really register that I hadn't put my address or other info in, since my billing and shipping are one and the same, plus there is a pending charge on my credit card.  But now I'm getting nervous. 

Update: I got ahold of them, they were super nice.  They are aware of the problem and took my phone number to resolve it.  It sounds like if you got an error after entering your credit card information, your order probably didn't get processed.  I told them I'm happy to reorder it after logging in as long as they don't double charge me - I just want a box!

I just subscribed. Thanks for the tip of having an account first and then ordering this! I registered first and then ordered. Somehow my skin tone is warm even though I think I'm more cool but it's ok. I'm interested in seeing how this goes. It says on the website it's out of stock but when I tried ordering, it looked like my order went through. Hopefully it did!.

it says temp o/s yet I could sign up and did receive confirmation. Did any one else notice this?Hoping I get it.

Also, my skin tone came up warm on the e-mail and I clearly had more of cool for my answers. Have to call them.

Make sure you check your e-mails if you have ordered this box. Just got an e-mail today requesting a reply back, asking if you are Warm or Cool tone. You can also call them giving them your skin tone info. The e-mail also says they're shipping the boxes out this week but want the reply back asap. 

OOH, yay, someone posted a better pic on instagram. 

The item I thought was a eyeliner or mascara is actually a cream eyeshadow crayon ($24).
 This box keeps getting better and better!!!

Yes, maybe a couple of days after I ordered. It had a tracking number in the e- mail.

I finally got an email today asking if I was warm or cool per the questionnaire and I responded right away. Mine ended up being warm. I'm so happy that it looks like I will get this based on the email I got because when I ordered it, it looked like it was out of stock.

Even though I got the confirmation email when I signed up, I emailed to ask when it would be shipping and got a really quick reply. She also asked if I was warm or cool, even though I took the quiz when signing up. All good though and she said it s/b shipping within the next few days. Yay!

Just got my box & liked everything in it. Received the spoilers above. My only slight complaint some the colors were a little too 'bright' (I tested as COOL) but think it was  spring box & its why they're a little brighter. Well packaged, put together, high quality makeup. One of my favorite beauty boxes ever in any subscription. Now wish it was more than every 3 months :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Just got my box & liked everything in it. Received the spoilers above. My only slight complaint some the colors were a little too 'bright' (I tested as COOL) but think it was  spring box & its why they're a little brighter. Well packaged, put together, high quality makeup. One of my favorite beauty boxes ever in any subscription. Now wish it was more than every 3 months :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Do you mind sharing what shades exactly?  I'm cool too!  I saw some pics of the interns packing the boxes on instagram, and it looks like there are at least 5 lip gloss options though. 

Latest posts

Back