Starlooks April 2015 (SPOILERS)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Shouldn't the April look book be up by now? Do you guys think they'll even do one considering it's the last month before the format change?

This was confirmed to me by Starlooks CS in my cancellation email. Unfortunately, I had to cancel because the Canadian/US exchange rate was getting too out of hand to keep my US sub boxes going.

I thought the format change was starting in June, as didn't they say may was the last box to be under the old sub?  

My email states

Launches May 11th – first delivery in June
we pick our custom preference in may - but I think that the may box is still the same starlooks...

The phrasing in my email made it sound like it was starting in May, but maybe I'm misunderstanding it!

"OK this has been taken care of and your last box will be April.

We're sorry to hear that! We hope you'll reconsider for May when we lower our prices, the box will drop to $12 + $5 shipping to Canada"

The phrasing in my email made it sound like it was starting in May, but maybe I'm misunderstanding it!
I have no idea now!  We cannot pick our custom 1 or 2 boxes until May, after we are charged for May's boxes, so that is why I think the change is going to happen in May for June. 

but it is so confusing.  

here it is!!

both the looksbook & an email

from the email

What's Coming?!? This month features two mystery lip items and BRAND NEW, MUST-HAVE STARLOOKS EYE PRODUCT!

The 10th is the last day you can subscribe and receive the April Starbox, so HURRY! And tell your friends and family that they don't want to miss this month!

Starlooks is in the process of inventing new colors and formulas that you’ll be seeing in the new, revamped Starboxes coming in May! We’ve been sending out lots of lippies lately to make sure that our beloved subscribers get these one-of-kind colors before they’re gone forever! Next month, we'll be sending out some epic eye items too - so be sure to get on board!
Looksbook

This month’s Starbox features two, refreshing, mystery lip items – as well as another BRAND NEW Starlooks product that is guaranteed to become a staple in your cosmetic bag! A tool for every makeup lover and artist. This tool will help you perfect and define any lip or eye look you can image. Don’t miss the chance to get this amazing item at a huge discount in this month’s Starbox, before it’s released on the website at full price!

Starlooks   Looksbook.gif

The new product sounds like a brush, but I'm thinking what the heck kind of brush is it that they don't sell? Unless it's some sort of eye and lip primer, which would be kind of weird. My first thought was an eye gloss, but I don't think you can use that on your lips. 

So I got my box today and I have to say I'm not thrilled in the least. There are mystery items this month and the colors are not for me at all. I may actually have to re-purpose the lip liner they sent me as an eyelner and I got a super frosty lipgloss, which I don't hate but it reminds me of being a kid in the 90s and getting shimmery lip balm at bath and body works. 

The "new item" is actually the only thing that I like and will definitely use. I won't post about it unless asked so I don't spoil things for others ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

So I got my box today and I have to say I'm not thrilled in the least. There are mystery items this month and the colors are not for me at all. I may actually have to re-purpose the lip liner they sent me as an eyelner and I got a super frosty lipgloss, which I don't hate but it reminds me of being a kid in the 90s and getting shimmery lip balm at bath and body works. 

The "new item" is actually the only thing that I like and will definitely use. I won't post about it unless asked so I don't spoil things for others ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

this is a spoilers thread - so spoil away!!  you can also use the spoil tags to hide it as well...

color me underwhelmed...

I got a 2 items that I have received before and hated them

tipsy lipgloss  (nude coral lipgloss - makes me look dead)

tickle me pink lipliner (cool vivid - and I mean VIVID - pink matte liner)

plus the new product which is makeup remover pen

sigh.  I feel like a dumping ground for starlooks

Last edited by a moderator:
Kind of interested in the remover pen, though.

*sigh* I am so close to quitting starbox. It has gone from my fave to my most consistently disappointing sub in the last few months.

So the lipgloss I got is called midriff and I hated it on sight, but I put it over a tipsy pencil and I actually really like it. I;m still not a fan of my lip liner at all.

I also ended up cashing in on some rewards points and ordering 8 of the mystery items, so I'm hoping for some good stuff in there :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

after getting a NEW email about how the classic subscription wouldn't take effect until July/August, I cancelled.  I figured that the next several months will be dumping grounds for their monthly subscribers (like April was) and I really don't want that

It is with a heavy heart that I cancel this sub.  They started out the year so WELL.

I wonder how many long time subscribers they're going to lose with the new boxes. I feel like it's going to turn into Ipsy...but with "gift cards". Which I imagine will be something like $10 off your purchase of $50+ or more.

Passpasspasspasspass.

I ended up with the lip liner in Bare and the gloss in Satin. I like them both, but I was hoping for items with more pizzaz.

Starlooks was really the best makeup sub around. I joined So Susan Lip Love and even though you get more items, the quality isn't the same!

Latest posts

Back