Trying to pick a Sunscreen that will go under my makeup

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I need a better sunscreen for my face. 

1) It has to be effective  2) It needs to be sweat resistant 3) Not be sticky 4) a base I can put my make up on top of. 

All of the actual sunscreen products advertise how many minutes (30-50) they are waterproof. I am wondering if the moisturizers would be more or less or the same range. 

I will be wearing this outside, while i am working in the community garden. I am usually covered in sweat about 30 to 40 minutes into shoveling and weeding. I would love to have something that would last close to 3 or 4 hours.

Has anyone tried :

Eucerin Daily Protection Face lotion spf 30 4 fl oz. 

CeraVe Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF, 50 Face Lotion, 2 oz

Aveeno Positively Ageless Youth Perfecting Moisturizer with Sunscreen (Broad Spectrum SPF 30), 2.5 fl oz?

Neutrogena Age Shield Face Lotion Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 110, 3 oz?

L'Oreal Paris Advanced Suncare Silky Sheer Face Lotion Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Sunscreen, 1.7 fl oz?

Neutrogena Sport Face Lotion SPF 70+, 2.5 fl oz?

neutrogena moisturinzer rapid tone repair broad spectrum spf 30 1 oz?

Rite Aid Solar Advantage Sunscreen Lotion, Face, SPF 100+, 2.5 oz ?

Rite Aid Sunscreen Lotion, Oil Free Faces. SPF 30, Fragrance Free, 3 fl oz?

I only have drugstores nearby. I am open to any suggestions that are not listed here. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,

If you're ok to order online, I personally use the Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Mosturizer with SPF 30, with Gemey Mabelelline Baby Skin as a primer underneath ( run out of my beloved Rimmel Stay Matte Primer) and the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder over it and it works well for me, no break outs, nothing moves for 4 to 5 hours I would say and I have quiet an oily skin.

You can purchase Nars products online at http://narscosmetics.co.uk/UK/pure-radiant-tinted-moisturizer-spf30-pa%2B%2B%2B/999NAC0000004.html?dwvar_999NAC0000004_color=7845023333#start=3

Since it is a tinted mosturizer, you can't really get the color wrong, so I think it's not really risky to buy it online and you could wear it under your foundation if you need to.

L.

I would probably choose one from ewg.org/2014sunscreen/best-sunscreens/best-beach-sport-sunscreens

I used to use Clarins UV plus and really liked it. It's not sold in drugstores though so online is an only option. I've heard great things about the Neutrogena  Ultrasheer dry sunscreen and have friends who like it. It's great on the face because it's not sticky. I haven't used it personally though just passing info a long that was told to me.

I am in love with my Rhonda Allison ezinc protection. I believe it is spf 15. Which for me is fine because I am not spending oodles of time out in the sun, at the pool, beach and what have you. This is slightly tinted but it doesn't cause any problem for my quite fair skin. I love this product line because the majority of it is paraben free. This one is very light, i put my mineral powder over it without any issues. If i will be spending quite a bit of time out in the sun, which here in Arizona is simply a day in the park, I go to my elta md. Elta is also paraben free.They have several different formulations. For my face I gravitate toward the uv clear broad spectrum facial sunscreen. This one is for skin types prone to acne rosacea (like me) and hyper-pigmentation (also like me). Both have worked well under my make up. I think, though, my absolute favorite thing is that they are both physical sunblocks, not chemical. 

Well, sunscreens are must to protect our skin. I think you must consult your dermatologist first as you need a sunscreen that can go well under your makeup. So, to avoid any kind of problematic issues try to be careful with this. 

For myself and for my actors (for under their make-up), I use Banana Boat Sport Coolzone mist in SPF 50.

And I haven't experienced ill-effects (including feedback from my actors). After I reapply it (misting it) a couple of times throughout the day, maybe I might have to powder their noses a wee bit, but that's about it.

In other words... It doesn't disturb the make-up being underneath it or when sprayed over it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess Dermaxsol is best for this. You can apply it under makeup and it is for all skin type with SPF30. 

Latest posts

Back