Mishibox subscription [SPOILERS]

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So excited now that I've seen some of the brands that Mishibox will offer.  I hope this sub box takes off as they seem to really want to offer other choices besides tonymoly, skinfood and holika holika  From their IG

Here's a sneak peek at one of the MANY #kbeauty brands we are working with that you may see in a future #mishibox. We were sent tons of samples to try ou

11117004_1571046256496667_118583077_n.jpg

Okay, this is totally appealing to me. I'm not usually one to jump on a flagship box, but I may have to. 

Mishibox just announced to their pre-orders customers that the monthly sub starting in july is open and those who pre-ordered will get it for 18.95.   It will go up an additional dollar for everyone else

June boxes are going out on June 15th.  I cannot wait!    I hope that this sub will have items that less mainstream that beauteque.   it will be a mix of full size & deluxe sized samples (4-6)

the thing I like is this - they will post all ingredients in English online at the end of the month at their website. 

i'm a bit hesitant about signing up before receiving my June box, but I can always cancel LOL. I also like that they will post the ingredients in English. I hope they have a good variety of brands. Can't wait to see the June box!

I'm really considering signing up for this. It looks interesting and just got the email saying the subscriptions for July are open. It's so hard to decide! I don't need another subscription but the price is pretty good and I'd be interested in seeing what products they will have. The spoiler looks good.

I subscribed. That's how long my attempts at resisting lasted. I seriously need to walk away from the computer now.

need to be enabled anymore, at least not for today.  :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I did the same thing, not 5 minutes after I "hesitated" I went ahead and signed up. I have NO will power at all. I really need to stay off the internet   :lol:

I'm liking the looks of this sub though I'm also a little gun shy with all new sub boxes based on bad experiences in the past. But I'm dying to break into the Asian sub boxes and this looks like a perfect fit in terms of products, sizes and price point. For now I'll be a chicken and wait to see the June products then pay an extra to sub. I like the diversity of brands and product categories they show.

I preordered the June box and I got a shipping notice yesterday! It is priority 2 day and should arrive tomorrow or the day after. I am so excited!

@@Fashion Diva this is my first time subbing to a new box so I don't have any bad experiences.However, from what I have seen from other boxes, with new subs, usually the first few boxes are the best (like ispy) because they need to draw in new subs. If the first few boxes bomb, most ppl unsubscribe and it will be hard to get them back. So I hope I get my money's worth. I am hoping this one takes off since I have been on the wait list for 3B like half a year and have lost all hope.

Spoilers up on instagram!

Banila Clean it Zero sample
Benton Cleansing foam sample
Benton Snail Bee sheet mask (1)
Holika Holika Jewel eye pencil
Holika Holika Aloe gel (full size)
Skylake Oriental Shampoo sample

I don't know, I'm not blown away.  Other that the shampoo, I've tried all of these items.  Maybe this box would be good for an AB newbie, but I can't imagine this is new stuff for most people here.  I'm especially bummed about the Benton cleanser.  I already have the full size, and I use it as brush cleaner because of the super high ph.  I kind of hoped that Mishibox would be the sub that really listened to us about this kind of thing.

I didn't sign up for the recurring sub, and I don't think I will.

Spoilers up on instagram!

Banila Clean it Zero sample

Benton Cleansing foam sample

Benton Snail Bee sheet mask (1)

Holika Holika Jewel eye pencil

Holika Holika Aloe gel (full size)

Skylake Oriental Shampoo sample

I don't know, I'm not blown away.  Other that the shampoo, I've tried all of these items.  Maybe this box would be good for an AB newbie, but I can't imagine this is new stuff for most people here.  I'm especially bummed about the Benton cleanser.  I already have the full size, and I use it as brush cleaner because of the super high ph.  I kind of hoped that Mishibox would be the sub that really listened to us about this kind of thing.

I didn't sign up for the recurring sub, and I don't think I will.

hmmm....

I would rather have the body wash and not the gel :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  But yeah, I agree with you.  I've signed up for a recurring sub, but it is month to month, so I hope it will get better.

@@raindrop I haven't tried any of these products so I am pretty excited. There is also a good amount of skincare. I am definitely not looking for makeup items. I will say though, that shampoo although exotic and hard to get in the states smells a bit unpleasant to me. Not sure I want people around me to think I smell like asian herbal remedies.

That being said the only thing I really really like was the aloe, rest are meh I don't have a lot of good experiences with korean cleansers, not a big mask fan, don't need a silver eyeliner pencil and definitely not a shampoo or any hair product junkie. I think I will see whats in next months box before I order. Felt like they kinda had a miss with me and this one.

As I'm fairly new to Korean beauty products, this box was ok for me. I got to try some things I haven't had before. I agree the shampoo has a smell that isn't pleasant so not sure I'm going to use it. I already had the mask they sent, but as I seem to be mask crazy it's fine with me. I really like the Aloe gel, and so does my husband as he got a really bad sunburn this weekend riding his motorcycle, he used it last night and loved it. Didn't care for the eyeliner as it was gold and shimmery. The cleansers I'll give a try, as I like to try new products and haven't used either of these.

I also signed up for the month to month, and hope the boxes do get better. Looking forward to seeing what we get next month.

my box should be here today. I love herbal scented items, so I am hoping that I love the shampoo scent...

The aloe gel is really good - and it is the perfect time of year to have it.

I'm trying to decide if I sign up for a recurring sub. The problem is I have sooo much Korean beauty products it's hard for me to get excited anymore. Lol. I do like the shampoo!

Last edited by a moderator:
got my box and I have to say - I LOVE the scent of the shampoo - it is like an herbal mint scent.  I am going to have to purchase some of that shampoo now...

I'm trying to decide if I sign up for a recurring sub. The problem is I have sooo much Korean beauty products it's hard for me to get excited anymore. Lol. I do like the shampoo!

someone tried to do an insult to me on my FB page because I am a bit jaded - all of these products were new to her.  I responded that if she is new to Kbeauty, which it sounded like she was, this was a good box for her.  But no, I am not picky or anything.  To think that holika holika, banila or benton are not popular brands in kbeauty and never heard of them before - well, that is new to k-beauty.....nothing wrong with that, but then again, she shouldn't  insult me because I wasn't in total love with the box.

someone tried to do an insult to me on my FB page because I am a bit jaded - all of these products were new to her.  I responded that if she is new to Kbeauty, which it sounded like she was, this was a good box for her.  But no, I am not picky or anything.  To think that holika holika, banila or benton are not popular brands in kbeauty and never heard of them before - well, that is new to k-beauty.....nothing wrong with that, but then again, she shouldn't  insult me because I wasn't in total love with the box.
That's like those Ipsters who get mad when you say you aren't thrilled about getting more BAB mascara and hot pink JCat lip gloss. I'm new to Kbeauty but I had a feeling I wouldn't like this sub. I like getting small samples of oddball stuff, which is why I went with 3b. 

I am really happy with this email from mishibox - I guess people complained and/or they read the reviews about the high level for the cleanser.  Check your email for this!

Hello everyone!

We have received feedback from some customers who have expressed interest in receiving only low pH cleansers. We also understand that not everyone is interested in low pH cleansers. While we do not customize our MISHIBOX beauty boxes, we have decided to make an exception and try to accommodate our customers' requests regarding low pH cleansers.

Many Korean cleansers are high pH cleansers (pH 6+) as the Korean market generally seems to prefer the squeaky clean feeling resulting from the use of a high pH cleanser. In the case that a cleanser is included in a MISHIBOX beauty box, we will try our best to find a suitable alternate product--not necessarily a cleanser. 

If we find a low pH cleanser that fits into the budget of our box, we will likely give it to everyone unless you specifically request high pH cleansers only.

Latest posts

Back