biancardi

Birchbox May 2015 (spoilers)

The Riflepaper water bottle and stationary set is now available in the shop in case anyone wanted it in April but didn't get it. 

• Like 3

Thanks for the cheat!!  I got a shipping notice for my box so figured I'd look at what I have.  Only five items this month but overall I'm happy with what I'll be getting.  Except for the Harvey Prince.  This company does not produce scents that I like but I can count on getting a HP thing once every two or three months. . .sigh.  Oh well, I'm sure a friend will be happy to receive the fragrance sample (I'm getting Sincerely).  

Other items are: Dr. Jart tint, Posie Balm, Juara lotion, and Parlor sea salt spray.  

It's official. I HATE Birchbox. I cancelled my second subscription. I'm debating if I'm going to cancel my original subscription or not. I mean, when you think about it, it's only $5 a box after doing the monthly surveys for points, and then if you hoard 60 points or more and use with a promo code, you can snag a pretty expensive product for a steal (or free).

• Like 1

It's official. I HATE Birchbox. I cancelled my second subscription. I'm debating if I'm going to cancel my original subscription or not. I mean, when you think about it, it's only $5 a box after doing the monthly surveys for points, and then if you hoard 60 points or more and use with a promo code, you can snag a pretty expensive product for a steal (or free).

Sounds like you are having a love-hate relationship moment. What's up? Is you box super boring this month?

I'm getting a perfume sample and 2 lotions for the 3rd month in a row. Aren't there a million other items they could send? At least I'm halfway through the 6 perfume samples a year Option.

I'm very tempted to cancel. I HATE anything Harvey Prince (getting Yogini this time).

Looking forward to Benefit balm and the macadamia oil (PYS choice). But they better step it up next month.

post-119148-0-60796700-1431154034_thumb.jpg

Edited by liliana.ro

I got the box!

The Naobay is a nice size and smells good to me.

Yogini.. not my cup of tea. I sprayed it on and now I regret it. I like patchouli but there's some crazy floral top note that makes me feel like an old lady.

The Marcelle mask looks like it'll be good! Probably two uses worth.

The No. 4 is much less smelly than their other products I've gotten, but when I went to spray it to use on my ends, I discovered the spray nozzle is broken. Sending BB a message asking if they can just send me a spray nozzle.

The Coastal Scents palette is nice - you can't see it in my picture but it's a coppery brown, matte light brown, matte light purple, and a sparkly dark purple. I don't use eyeshadow much but these colors are beautiful so I won't complain. 

post-117918-0-35859800-1431197276_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I just got my box. It's probably my favorite box ever.

The Living Proof shampoo and conditioner are extra foil samples. The Living Proof Instant Repair is a large sample (30 mL). The Real Chemistry Peel is the same size as all the past boxes. The Marcelle gel is a little tube (7 mL), partially full. The Benefit primer is a very small tube (3 mL). The Mally liner is the full size version ($18 liner); I got navy. It is waterproof and self sharpens. I'll use all of these items. They are all nice brands and decent to great sizes. The box also fits my profile, which is probably just random since most boxes do not. This is the sort of box that Birchbox should be producing regularly instead of rarely. 

post-117827-0-15699500-1431199706_thumb.jpg

Edited by DoctorToaster
  • Like 2

The Living Proof shampoo and conditioner are extra foil samples. The Living Proof Instant Repair is a large sample (30 mL). The Real Chemistry Peel is the same size as all the past boxes. The Marcelle gel is a little tube (7 mL), partially full. The Benefit primer is a very small tube (3 mL). The Mally liner is the full size version ($18 liner); I got navy. It is waterproof and self sharpens. I'll use all of these items. They are all nice brands and decent to great sizes. The box also fits my profile, which is probably just random since most boxes do not. This is the sort of box that Birchbox should be producing regularly instead of rarely.

This is my box as well - should arrive next week :)

• Like 1

My BS box was scheduled for delivery today but tracking updated that it was undeliverable as addressed?!?

Uh nothing changed about my address and I only received one other pice of mail today (a magazine) sooooo there was more than enough room in my mail box for the box.

I think my postal person was just being lazy. I hope it shows up Monday :(

Im so pissed! The cheat was saying that I did not get macadamia oil that I have a confirmation email for and now that the 10th is here it is saying that I did not get it like the cheat was saying. I am emailing birchbox support and I said upfront I do not want sorry points. I want my sample. 

Both of mine came yesterday.

As someone upthread mentioned, the Coastal Scents sampler is really quad of really pretty colors, I don't need two, but I am happy with it as a sample.

I ended up with the Parlor not the Harvey Prince Salt spray, and I am also happy with that, even if it did still have the stupid Hello sample. (I also got a yogini sample in the other. How can they ruin notes I like by themselves in the act of combining them? Ugh.)

I am game to try the Naobay and Marcelle clay mask, and was already ok with the Benefit It's Potent! and the Marcelle Hydra-C gel.
And the box is cute. So, I ended up happier than I expected

My box did not change and it still says I am getting Naobay and not the peel. I don't mind* but it does seem weird that I got a confirmation. The only thing I did differently was that I waited until non-Ace pys day to bother choosing. 

* i only picked the peel to avoid a HP scented hair product

• Like 1

I got the Naobay instead of my PYS sea salt spray and emailed them about it and they just sent me 50 points and a lame sorry about how "we can't guarantee sample choice..." seems dumb since I got a confirmation email but next month better be good or I might be done with them.  :unsure:

I emailed them in the hopes of getting some sorry points. Although I am meh about the sample choices I wonder if I could have gotten a nicer box combo if this hadn't happened. It would also be helpful to know if waiting until the second day when you are an Ace will cause this problem. Not that I plan to do that again. 

We are box twins!!  I am so excited to see this box.  I've been wondering about the sizes of the samples.

I hope the post office hurries up my delivery!!

• Like 2

I emailed them in the hopes of getting some sorry points. Although I am meh about the sample choices I wonder if I could have gotten a nicer box combo if this hadn't happened. It would also be helpful to know if waiting until the second day when you are an Ace will cause this problem. Not that I plan to do that again. 

I don't think that's the issue; I picked my sample within an hour of receiving the Ace email, got a confirmation, and still didn't receive it (at least I'm assuming I'm not going to - it's not listed on my box page).  Same thing happened to me last month.

I received my Beauty Solutions box on Friday and attempted to use the W3ll People mascara to see that it's completely empty/dried out :(
I already e-mailed them. They would better give me points rather than sending me another dried out mascara...

My BS box was scheduled for delivery today but tracking updated that it was undeliverable as addressed?!?

Uh nothing changed about my address and I only received one other pice of mail today (a magazine) sooooo there was more than enough room in my mail box for the box.

I think my postal person was just being lazy. I hope it shows up Monday :(

This happens to me sometimes with different packages. I'm pretty sure it means that the mailman forgot to deliver it so they make up some stupid excuse. My mailman is extremely forgetful. He goes around the block like two or three times almost everyday. It's not because he saves the packages for the second trip either. I've had him deliver the mail and a package, I went out to get it, then 15 minutes later I see him going back and putting more mail into the mailbox. It was another package and a couple of bills/junk mail.

This happens to me sometimes with different packages. I'm pretty sure it means that the mailman forgot to deliver it so they make up some stupid excuse. My mailman is extremely forgetful. He goes around the block like two or three times almost everyday. It's not because he saves the packages for the second trip either. I've had him deliver the mail and a package, I went out to get it, then 15 minutes later I see him going back and putting more mail into the mailbox. It was another package and a couple of bills/junk mail.

Yep, I oddly have an updated delivery date of Wednesday this week. I'll check for it this week then probably head over to the PO if it doesn't arrive.

I'm also annoyed that I'm not getting my PYS in one of my boxes as well. I've emailed them about it, it's  a non ace account so I'm sure it'll take a while to get a response. What annoys me is I'm getting the PYS sample I wanted in another box, I didn't select a PYS for this box at all. So they randomly gave it to me in another box but not in the box I intentionally selected it for. I'm glad I'm still getting the sample, but I don't understand their logic of saying the PYS's are not guaranteed, why would they put it in other boxes?

• Like 1

I don't think that's the issue; I picked my sample within an hour of receiving the Ace email, got a confirmation, and still didn't receive it (at least I'm assuming I'm not going to - it's not listed on my box page).  Same thing happened to me last month.

That stinks. I've never had my sample get mixed up before. They said they will send the peel separately. I'm guessing that is because they have tons of peel samples sitting around. I know I've gotten it as a pick two before. 

I got my BB today. I didn't do a curated box or a PYS. I received my box unusually early (for me). It was a nice Monday treat! I got:

Benefit Total Moisture Facial Cream
Dr. Jart BB Night Beauty Balm
Number 4 Thermal Styling Spray
English Laundry Notting Hill Femme perfume
Chosungah22 Flavorful Lipsick in Golden Peach Tea

I am pretty thrilled with this box. Benefit has the cutest packaging & I love trying their products. They're Real has become my holy grail mascara. I've been using the same BB cream for a few years now (thanks to BB) but I am always up for trying new products. Number 4, been there & done that. I'm going on a short  for work so I will throw this in my travel bag. Perfume -not my fave, but it's OK. But the Chosungah22? I'M LOVING THIS! It is so weird looking, it's translucent...like Jello but gives a nice hint of color. When I saw the info card I thought "oh no, peach does not look good on me." But I think that is just he scent which is wonderful. Full size tube to boot. Score!

• Like 1

My cheat lied to me this month! That's never happened in the four months I've been subscribed :( oh well, I didn't love the first one but I don't love the new one either.

CHEAT

Smashbox primer water

Harvey prince yogini

Macadamia oil

Coastal scents revealed 3

Marcelle moisturizer

ACTUAL

Juice beauty cc cream

Amika dry shampoo

Not soap radio body wash

Coastal scents revealed 3

Marcelle moisturizer

I was really looking forward to the primer water but I had no use for the oil or perfume. I just ran out of my dry shampoo so I'm excited for the amika. I'm always happy to try a new cc cream. The body wash is ok. I just got lemon in a pick two and the lavender in the LE box so I hope it's at least a different scent.

Hey ladies! =] OT and I'm not sure if anyone already posted about it but there is a new promo code for a free beauty blender sponge and soap with ANY women's sub. Use code "BLEND"!! =]=]

• Like 2

I unsubbed because I was sampled out, but dang that email sure got me to sign back up real quick.  I've already got two backup beauty blenders, but I can't live without those amazing things!  

• Like 1