Sample Society May 2015 *Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Despite last month's wee sample sizes, I'm giving this one another chance.  I sort of feel like they have to knock it out of the park after such a low value box. 

Hmm, sounds interesting. The article stated that we were getting six samples this time, if I read correctly. They mentioned an Alterna product and a Julep Lip Gloss and then it said 4 other "Allure-approved" samples which would make six, so hopefully this may be a new thing going on. I feel we should get at least six samples every box because for $15 per month, the samples sometimes seem to be no bigger than what Birchbox gives out at $10 per month. We shall see.

Hmm, sounds interesting. The article stated that we were getting six samples this time, if I read correctly. They mentioned an Alterna product and a Julep Lip Gloss and then it said 4 other "Allure-approved" samples which would make six, so hopefully this may be a new thing going on. I feel we should get at least six samples every box because for $15 per month, the samples sometimes seem to be no bigger than what Birchbox gives out at $10 per month. We shall see.
The website still says 5 deluxe size samples. I am guessing anytime they give out 6, it will be because the samples included are all on the small side. 

If they throw in another item to bump up the value or to take up space like the candle, I wouldn't mind. I hope it is something useful though. I would be happy to get a new blush brush, eyelash curler, or something like that. Since they specifically said allure approved samples, there will probably not be a tool, though. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Per MSA, there will in fact be 6 items this month:

“Next month’s box includes Alterna Caviar Repair Multi-Vitamin Heat Protection Spray and a gorgeous pink lip gloss from Julep, along with four other Allure-approved favorites.”

I cancelled after last month's box but the Alterna spray is something I would really love to try out! I'm overwhelmed with lip glosses at the moment so I'm a bit meh about the Julep gloss. I'm trying to cut down on subs so the Alterna spoiler is just not helping at the moment! ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm looking forward to trying the Alterna spray. I've been using the Alterna caviar heat protection sample and really like it. Their Caviar hair spray is my favorite too. I'm not a hair spray person but the caviar working hair spray is not a traditional hair spray. It's workable and doesn't make my hair stiff. It's great for styling.

Nope :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> and it say they were shipping today! But no shipping email!

If they ship tomorrow I'll have my box Thursday!

Mine went from Processing to Shipping Soon sometime today. Mine usually ships the day after they "start" shipping. I expect it will ship tomorrow. My Dashboard may take up to the following day to update though. 

May Samples

Remember to redeem your $10 gift on a $50 BeautyBar.com purchase. 
Enter BBSOCIETYMAY15 at checkout. Expires 6/6/15*

Read May's expert advice from Allure »

• ako-359_small2a.jpg
  • John Frieda Luxurious Volume In-Shower Treatment Sample

Love it? Hate it? Rate it

• Buy the full-size product » Shop the brand »
  • jul-001_small2a.jpg
  • Julep Lip Gloss, Graceful Deluxe Sample

•  
  • lan-001_small2a.jpg
  • LANEIGE Water Sleeping Mask Deluxe Sample

•  
  • uwi-001_small2a.jpg
  • Versace Eros Pour Femme Sample VOC

•  

Blah, already tried the John Frieda, sleep mask and avene products in other boxes or free sample world. And I probably won't use the heat spray, but my sister might.

I'm only excited about the lip gloss and perfume. Blahhhhh.

They should have advertised this as the scented Water box.

out. Expires 6                                                                       John Frieda Luxurious Volume In-Shower Treatment Sample

• Alterna Caviar Repair RX MultiVitamin Heat Protection Spray Sample

• Avene Thermal Spring Water Spray SAMPLE SOCIETY
  •  
  • Julep Lip Gloss, Graceful Deluxe Sample

• LANEIGE Water Sleeping Mask Deluxe Sample

• Versace Eros Pour Femme Sample 

I am very curious about the water sleeping mask. I am super excited to have a facial spray. I see women in Korean dramas put water sprays on all of the time. I still want to try the popular rosewater face spray too. That one is on my future box wish list. 

I know most people do not like to get frangrance samples. I love them. I do not have any stores near with expensive fragrance and I stopped trying drug store brands a long time ago.The description sounds wonderful... An alchemy of tempting, bright and feminine notes. A refined accord of lemon and jasmine, exalted by sensual and smooth woods 

Lip products are usually winners but I can see, that I will accumulate them faster than I can use them. Still pink is my favorite color. From Fuchsia to petal pink I do not care what shade. 

Hair products are my least fav. I am a little bummed that there are two this month. I will save the John Frieda. I usually have tons of body in my hair naturally but when I get sick, my hair loses all of it. I will use it then.

Only two of them said they were deluxe samples. I wonder if that means all of the others are quite small? 

Did anyone one else notice that on the main Sample Society page it says "this program is no longer available"? My box shows shipped with a tracking number....but is May their last month?

Did anyone one else notice that on the main Sample Society page it says "this program no longer exist"? My box shows shipped with a tracking number....but is May their last month?
I am freaking out about that too. I sent an email to customer service, asking for some clarification. Hopefully they will send emails out to their customers soon. I am hoping that they are just bringing it back out at a different price point or another a company is taking the allure subscription box over or something. They have such fast shipping. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Did anyone one else notice that on the main Sample Society page it says "this program no longer exist"? My box shows shipped with a tracking number....but is May their last month?
This is the email I got back. 

Thank you for reaching out to us regarding our Sample Society Program. I am sorry that we are no longer accepting new memberships to the program. I will be more than happy to answer your questions.

Haley, if you are already a member you will continue to receive your monthly boxes, but we will not be taken any NEW memberships.

I hope this answers your questions. If there is anything else you need from me please let me know. Have a great day!

Should you have any further questions or concerns, our amazing Customer Care team is always here for you, 24/7. Just call us at 1-888-696-0423 or email us at [email protected]

All the best,

Jovannie

Customer Care Associate

BeautyBar.com-A Familyhood Site

I wonder if it's just a matter of time before they eventually stop all together?

All I see is where it says "is no longer available"

This was the second email... after I asked if it was no new members now or ever: 

Thank you for reaching out to us today. I've read your email and I'll be glad to clear things up for you today regarding our Sample Society program. I apologize for any confusion.

As of right now we currently aren't accepting any new members. We will again going forward but we're not certain of will this will be and we're asking customer to check our site periodically for any updates. As far as existing customers are concerned you will still receive your monthly Sample Society box every month.

...... So Yay. I can relax. It isn't canceled. 

Latest posts

Back