Should I get a Keratin Treatment?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Honestly. I don't even know exactly what the Keratin Treatment does. My hair is pretty flat and fine. But it's wavy not straight. And it gets frizzy way too fast. I watch all the youtubers who had normal hair before suddenly have perfect hair. And they all mention they get keratin treatment done. I don't know if it's right for me. I need some advice please :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Sorry no one answered this. As I type I have an organix brand keratin treatment in my hair. It will be 48 hours before I find out if it looks good or not.

Right now it looks like I used way too much conditioner and failed to rinse it out properly. I'm glad I'm not planning to go anywhere for the weekend. It does feel super soft. People complained in the reviews that it smelled bad. It has a top note of vanilla and a base note of chemicals (like hair color). 

I'm not an expert - but it seems some love it, and some hate it.  I had one done several years ago and it made my hair worse (drier and seemed even more damaged), but my hair is very sensitive to protein, so I should have known better.  

Honestly. I don't even know exactly what the Keratin Treatment does. My hair is pretty flat and fine. But it's wavy not straight. And it gets frizzy way too fast. I watch all the youtubers who had normal hair before suddenly have perfect hair. And they all mention they get keratin treatment done. I don't know if it's right for me. I need some advice please :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I've been considering keratin treatment for quite some time as well. But recently I finally stopped thinking about it as I found a good alternative - Kerastase Elixir Ultime shampoo and a masque. My goodness this line changed my hair so dramatically! Well, it is expensive but still twice cheaper than keratin treatment. Have you ever tried this line by Kerastase? I'm very impressed with it! 

I have lost over 50% of my hair and have two small bald batches thanks to my second Keratin treatment. 

It is not the keratin that is the problem - it is formaldehyde or whatever equally strong chemicals they use to replace the formaldehyde.

Dont approach this treatment and if you do it - know what you are risking.

While a keratin hair treatment can make hair smoother and sleeker, it’s always a good idea to know exactly what to expect before taking the plunge. Read on and take a well-informed decision for keratin hair treatment.

​

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back