Air Cushion Foundations

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So many Koren skin care lines have their own air cushion foundations. Have you tried any? What are your favorites? Lancome just recently came out with their version as well. I think the Western cosmetics companies are watching the recent Korean skin care rising in popularity and are wanting to tap into that market as well. 

I've used the Laneige BB cushion I got from Target and really like it. The finish is sheer but still has great coverage at the same time and makes my skin look flawless. I've used the Amorepacific version as well but prefer the Laneige. IOPE, BRTC and Etude House have their version as well. I wonder how they compare to Laneige. I'm interested in trying the IOPE but haven't got it yet.

Laneige BB cushion.jpg

I tried the Laneige cushion and I thought it was terrible,it was sososososo oily and was too orage for me. It was my first and only cushion though, so I have absolutely nothing to compare it to. I kind of want to make my own though.

I've got the IOPE one. The coverage is ok but does make the skin look "dewy" so I matt it down with a Rivescowe powder compact I received in one of the Memeboxes and looks fine. I didn't think there was actually that much fluid in the pact though so topped up with a sample of Dior that I'd received in another sub box (yes I know, probably not the best idea but the satchet would have been messy to use so shoving it in there killed two birds with the one stone so to speak!). The Dior was a slightly darker shade but mixed together with the IOPE actually works fine.

I keep reading about cushions and I want one, but for now I'm going to resist. I find testing BB creams annoying enough and I don't want to spend money buying full sized products just to find out the colour won't work for me. To try to avoid jumping on the cushion bandwagon I bought one of the applicator puffs and use that (similar to how you would use a beauty blender or sponge). I might buy an empty cushion to add my own BB cream to, but not until I'm sure I like the BB cream I'm using. 

I might buy an empty cushion to add my own BB cream to
What a great idea! Never thought of doing this. I found that the coloring is hard with these, at least with the ones I've tried. The fairest Laneige is too fair for me, the next color up is too yellow so I have to layer a different shade powder on top to help it blend in better. The Amorepacific I tried was too yellow. I like the coverage and feeling of Laneige but the color is so difficult.

The only flaw with that is the refill is usually a plastic insert that fits into the external case so you need to check the refill will fit the compartment if its not the original brand or buy a full compact, use then wash the sponge applicator and add your replacement fluid (like I've done with the Dior sachet and the IOPE cushion.

Latest posts

Back