jenacate

Birchbox June 2015 (spoilers)

Well - i think Birchbox was drunk when completing my box. I got so excited because I got a big white box and thought I had won the contest....but they had just mailed my eye gels seperate. But my box is completely different from the website and has three repeat products, excluding Marcelle BB Cream and Supergoop.

Just my luck. 

My code was the 10% off $50. My hair tie was brown and rather crappy looking. Blue Lagoon eyeliner. This is the most disappointing box to date. Yes. It's actually worse than the Beaver Box. I am sure the other account will get really nice things. BB loves other-me. 

• Like 1

I got a 20% off of 50 coupon, so I cashed out my points and cancelled my subscription.

I have very short hair (listed that way in my profile since day one) and they sent me hair ties. I get some sort of blow dry protector spray or hair spray in almost every single box. While I do blow dry my hair, I just... I don't need that many blow dry sprays! I've gotten four since I signed up in November! 

While I've found a few products that I absolutely love, most of it has been either average or a total miss. I'm also switching to just buying cruelty-free brands and Birchbox doesn't give you that option yet. They've talked about it, but haven't implemented it.

So it's goodbye for me, for now. I might try out Petit Vour, but the reviews of their boxes don't thrill me too much.

I'm kinda bummed.

• Like 1

Does anyone know what the beta upgrade products are? My box won't show what I'm getting :(

t3fhIRR.png

From all the box pages, these seem like the upgraded products. Looks like they might be doing variations this month instead of everyone getting the same thing? A lot of the upgraded boxes have the Mally blush, though.

Edited by beedonaldson

I thought everyone was getting the eyeko liner? I'm not :( I'm not impressed with the upgrade again this month. Another bold lip color & a blush. I'm going back to the basic box.

I thought everyone was getting the eyeko liner? I'm not :( I'm not impressed with the upgrade again this month. Another bold lip color & a blush. I'm going back to the basic box.

no one got the eyeko liner, they got held in customs. they mentioned it in the shipment emails this month :)

• Like 1

I also got box 8 yesterday: https://www.birchbox.com/shop/birchbox-1/june-2015/june-2015-bb8

It came in the Adventure box.  My eyeliner was blue lagoon and my pony tail holder was a dark purple. 

I'm also getting a $1 box and an upgraded box I hope those have the mulberry and indigo eyeliners, then I'll have the full set. 

Like I NEED more freaking eyeliners.  

• Like 2

I just got both of my boxes. 

Codes: one for 20% off a $50 shop purchase, one for 10% off a $50 shop purchase

I got one Mulberry liner and one Blue Lagoon. My Emijay tie is light blue and my ponytail holder is fuscia. Overall, I like these boxes more in person than I did in the previews. I'm not sure that I'll use the Temple shampoo/conditioner, but at least there was no perfume.

• Like 1

OK forgive me guys I have been MIA since November and just resubbed last month to BB. I can see which box I'm getting this month (FINALLY!!) and it has 7 items, what's up with that?? I didn't upgrade either. But how do I find out which box # this is? Everything has changed lol. 

Also, what's the prize stuff I keep reading about? I tried to go back and figure it out but couldn't find anything.

OK forgive me guys I have been MIA since November and just resubbed last month to BB. I can see which box I'm getting this month (FINALLY!!) and it has 7 items, what's up with that?? I didn't upgrade either. But how do I find out which box # this is? Everything has changed lol. 

Also, what's the prize stuff I keep reading about? I tried to go back and figure it out but couldn't find anything.

They included hair accessories as a bonus this month so everyone seems to be getting 7 items. 

The prize stuff turned out to be a bust. In your box you should have a card with a code. You can win items in the shop, but most people are getting 10% off a purchase over $50. This is lame because in a few weeks anniversary codes will start working again and you should be able to get 20-25% off  $35.  Some people on MUT did win a benefits product by entering a contest a few weeks back.

As to box number, I think it appears in your url when you are looking at your box page, but I've never been able to figure it out that way. Normally I just scroll through all the combos. There was a link for that pasted earlier in this thread. 

The only other interesting things you missed was something called Beaver Shampoo that appeared in everyone's box a couple of months ago.  <_<

I got box 47, I would have loved to receive box 38...oh well -_-

@ I got box #38 :) Im pretty happy about it, especially since I spaced out and missed the PYS email!

• Like 1

@ I got box #38 :) Im pretty happy about it, especially since I spaced out and missed the PYS email!

Lucky! I decided not to pick when my PYS email came through, but I think regardless of if I pick or not, Birchbox will still send me a crappy box lol.

I got the adventure box...

- Vasanti scrub

- Supergoop eye cream

- Dr. Jart Night BB cream

- Coastal Scents Revealed 3 quad

- Gold Emi Jay hair tie

I have been on a really long break from birchbox, I only resubbed to get the beauty blender.  When I first got this box I was like OH RIGHT, this is why I don't need birchbox in my life, because it was basically a box of the usual suspects.  But looking at it closer, it's kind of cool that the supergoop is an eye cream and that the Dr. Jart is for overnight wear.  And even though I've tried the vasanti scrub multiple times, at least its a great product in a generous size.  So I'm not too disappointed.  I should still cancel soon though, I really don't need more samples until I use everything else up. 

• Like 1

Thanks Noel! Beaver shampoo huh ...... I guess I didn't miss much! I don't use shampoo anyhow lol. I tried to go through all the numbers but got to about 13 and said whatever!!

They included hair accessories as a bonus this month so everyone seems to be getting 7 items. 

The prize stuff turned out to be a bust. In your box you should have a card with a code. You can win items in the shop, but most people are getting 10% off a purchase over $50. This is lame because in a few weeks anniversary codes will start working again and you should be able to get 20-25% off  $35.  Some people on MUT did win a benefits product by entering a contest a few weeks back.

As to box number, I think it appears in your url when you are looking at your box page, but I've never been able to figure it out that way. Normally I just scroll through all the combos. There was a link for that pasted earlier in this thread. 

The only other interesting things you missed was something called Beaver Shampoo that appeared in everyone's box a couple of months ago.  <_<

So I complained about my box not having a clicky truck early in the week... the clicky truck showed up late Monday afternoon. I got an email on Wednesday saying it had shipped and it STILL is stuck in Mt.Juliet/hasn't moved at all. Shows an expected delivery date of 16-17 which is a solid 7 days later than I generally get mine.

Also, when I check the narvar site, it pops this up now (see attached - it didn't show up yesterday) so I feel like something really funky is going on.

post-117918-0-45113600-1434138397.jpg

So I complained about my box not having a clicky truck early in the week... the clicky truck showed up late Monday afternoon. I got an email on Wednesday saying it had shipped and it STILL is stuck in Mt.Juliet/hasn't moved at all. Shows an expected delivery date of 16-17 which is a solid 7 days later than I generally get mine.

Also, when I check the narvar site, it pops this up now (see attached - it didn't show up yesterday) so I feel like something really funky is going on.

Mine seems super late this month too.  It was "born" on June 10th at like 1 in the morning and hasn't moved yet.  Usually I have my BB around now or even earlier.  Unless I've won something (I signed up for the Benefit thing) I'm not really happy about this month.

• Like 1

I got my 2nd box today and...I WON a they're real benefit push-up liner in beyond brown! :D

I got a different color marcelle liner from box #1 and a different box (the blue "yes" one...box #1 is the purple one) so I am very happy!

Edited by Tobygirl
  • Like 7

My box was shipped on the 8th and apparently won't get here until the 17th.

It's like they know I'm a naturally impatient person and are testing me :lol:

Edited by beedonaldson
  • Like 1

I received my box today and that was a surprise because they said next week. I received the Marcelle eyeliner in purple, which is a pretty, deep color. My code was for 20% off $50. I'm cashing in my points and cancelling, just too many items I don't keep from each box and so tired of shampoo, conditioner and items for blow dried hair.

I'm cashing in my points and cancelling, just too many items I don't keep from each box and so tired of shampoo, conditioner and items for blow dried hair.

I used my last 100 points and cancelled today, too.  For exactly the reasons you state. Even with the great point system it's just not worth the hassle.  I am still happy with GB and PSMH so I can easily do without all the tiny BB samples.