My foundation turns all blotchy as the day progresses

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have no idea what to do. I use a primer and a good foundation, I use a buffing brush to apply my foundation, I moisturize every night, and my skin isn't oily. My foundation starts out good but as the day progresses it's like little spots of my foundation at being rubbed off. I don't rub my face when I have makep on btw. What should I do?! I attached a photo of what it looks like by the end of the day. Sorry my lips are chapped.

I don't know my makeup tricks and I've never used the stuff myself, but I would maybe try a setting spray? I don't see any picture attached, but also make sure you're not layering it on too thick in some places. And in the end, maybe you just need to find a different foundation for your skin.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Make sure you use a good primer, and that you use a buffinh brush or beauty blender for even coverage. Also, a good setting powder will help immensely. You also need to use the right type of foundation for your skin. If you get oily, a matte foundation woulf be beneficial, and if you're dry or combination, a satin or luminous foundation would probably suit you better.

Even if you are using a high end foundation it doesn't mean it is going to complement your skin. Foundations are catered to different skin types. So I suggest using a different foundation. I used to use the loreal true match and it would come off. Now I use Mary Kay foundation. I have a review video on it! (link removed)That's the link to watch it. After 9 hours my skin still looked the same!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no idea what to do. I use a primer and a good foundation, I use a buffing brush to apply my foundation, I moisturize every night, and my skin isn't oily. My foundation starts out good but as the day progresses it's like little spots of my foundation at being rubbed off. I don't rub my face when I have makep on btw. What should I do?! I attached a photo of what it looks like by the end of the day. Sorry my lips are chapped.
Well for one thing, you would never use a buffing brush to apply your foundation. You would use a foundation brush to apply your foundation.

Second thing, what type of foundation are you using? Are you setting it with a powder?

Third thing is, foundations need touching up throughout the day via a powder... If you've done your make-up application correctly first thing in the morning. If you applied your foundation incorrectly, the more you touch it up throughout the day, the worse it will look... Typically blotchy.

If you go to Sephora they are usually really good about helping you find a good foundation/powder for your skin tone and showing you how to apply it. I always use a good primer like smashbox, then I use makeup forever foundation, and finish with urban decay setting spray.

One thing you might want to check is to see if your moisturizer is compatible with your foundation. If you use an oil based moisturizer with a water based foundation, (or water based moisturizer with oil based foundation) your foundation will tend to break up and look splotchy.

Back