Can I do it? Summer No Buy!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Memorial Day Weekend starts after work today. I think it is going to be a big shopping weekend, with many deals. The question is, could I shop this weekend for some summer items and then be on a no buy until Labor Day weekend? Wouldn't that be great? Then I would be in a good place for Fall.

First step is to take advantage of some deals this weekend to acquire some items to get me through summer. 

Great idea. I would just make sure you are still only purchasing items you need. I'm a guilty of taking advantage of a great deal but not really needing the item so then it's a total waste. I read somewhere that this is a problem with the sample sites. People buy unnecessary things just because it's a good deal and they end up spending money on things they normally wouldn't or don't need at the time. The best thing to do is know what you need and then hunt for a deal for it and not shop only because something is a good deal right now when in reality it's not anything you need. I need to work on this myself more.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been trying to not buy during sales too. I've come to realize that 1. My tastes will change over time before I get to use the items in the stash and 2. There will be another sale next year or whenever I'm ready to make a necessary purchase. I still have so much to get through in my existing stash that I can't afford to add to it right now, no matter how awesome the sale is. And I realized that having something in the stash makes me discontented with the products I'm using. I'm much less fickle if I only have one of something. I can happily use it because I'm not distracted by lustful feelings for other things waiting in the wings.

That being said I'm on a no buy until the mascara madness at Nordies in October when I buy my mascara for the year and the Sephora VIB sale in November when I'll replace my daily basics for the year. But no more eyeshadow for a very long time!

Latest posts

Back