Noel Snow

Ipsy-June 2015

I tried to subscribe to ipsy because I REALLY want the Melted lipstick, but I can't because the site keeps saying the expiration is invalid even though my card doesn't expire until June 30. I emailed ipsycare and they told me to clear my cache?? I have no idea what that would have to do with anything but I did it anyway and it still doesn't work (am waiting on a second reply). Am I just out of luck?

Try from a different computer or device.

Try from a different computer or device.

I've tried from my laptop, my phone, Chrome, and Firefox. It always says the expiration date is invalid.

• Like 1

I've tried from my laptop, my phone, Chrome, and Firefox. It always says the expiration date is invalid.

Oh I see. Were you able to try with a different form of payment?

Oh I see. Were you able to try with a different form of payment?

Nope, I don't have another form. :( And I've yet to hear back from ipsycare!

Nope, I don't have another form. :( And I've yet to hear back from ipsycare!

You could contact the card company. I had an issue a few years back where the card company had my first and middle initial mushed together (my name is not Noela) Every time I tried to order something online it said name invalid. In your case they may have reissued the card with a new expiration or just changed the expiry on their internal records. 

You could contact the card company. I had an issue a few years back where the card company had my first and middle initial mushed together (my name is not Noela) Every time I tried to order something online it said name invalid. In your case they may have reissued the card with a new expiration or just changed the expiry on their internal records. 

That would be annoying! The thing is though, I had just used the same card for an online purchase the day before with no trouble, and right now ipsy is the only place not accepting it.

That would be annoying! The thing is though, I had just used the same card for an online purchase the day before with no trouble, and right now ipsy is the only place not accepting it.

I wonder if it is because the expectation is that there will be an on-going charge every month, and since this card will be dead by next month's charge, they have it set up to not accept it. Doesn't make it any less annoying or fix the issue though. :/

Edited by artemiss

I wonder if it is because the expectation is that there will be an on-going charge every month, and since this card will be dead by next month's charge, they have it set up to not accept it. Doesn't make it any less annoying or fix the issue though. :/

That would make sense and that's kind of what I'm wondering. I just want this one bag for now though! xD

That would make sense and that's kind of what I'm wondering. I just want this one bag for now though! xD

You could go and get one of those visa gift cards and pay with that.

Spoilers from the Youtube video Ipsy posted https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzPoohtOarg:

Formula X Nail Polish
NYC New York Color liquid liner
tre’StiQue color + smudge shadow crayon

OGX Vitamin E Penetrating hair oil

Selfie Tan’n Go Instant Face Bronzer
Smashbox primer
SheaMoisture lip crayon
IT Cosmetics brow power universal brow pencil mini
Absolute New York Nail Polish

I am getting excited!  :)

• Like 3

More blue nail polish lol.  This is the 4th or 5th blue one they have sent out.

• Like 1

Spoilers from the Youtube video Ipsy posted https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzPoohtOarg:

Formula X Nail Polish

NYC New York Color liquid liner

tre’StiQue color + smudge shadow crayon

OGX Vitamin E Penetrating hair oil

Selfie Tan’n Go Instant Face Bronzer

Smashbox primer

SheaMoisture lip crayon

IT Cosmetics brow power universal brow pencil mini

Absolute New York Nail Polish

I am getting excited! :)

I want the liquid liner, pink polish and maybe the lip crayon. I want the melted before the crayon lol

I saw a few things I'd like- primer, shadow crayon, brow pencil and hair oil.

It looks waaaay better than my bag last June when I got that Real Tree perfume and awful BaB mascara.

Can't I have no actual money, just the credit card.

Darling, if you're in a position where you don't even have $10 to spare, I think random makeup bags are amongst the least important things you should be concerned about or working towards getting. I think the poster above who said guessed that your card won't go through because one month of validity isn't enough for a monthly-billed service because basically as soon as you sign up once you're already expired as far as Ipsy is concerned is correct.

• Like 2

The early reveal is up. And I got one of the WORST bags I've ever had in the last 2 years of getting Ipsy.

-NYC eyeliner (nope, don't use liquid eyeliner)

-Smashbox primer (GAH! I did not have primers checked and changed my profile to get the TooFaced, FAIL)

-BioRepublic sheet masks (ok)

-J Cat Liptitude hydrating lip stain (ugh, J Cat)

-tre'StiQue mini shadow crayon (blah)

I hate that every time ipsy has multiple nail polishes I NEVER GET ONE and I freakin love nail polish. 

The early reveal is up. And I got one of the WORST bags I've ever had in the last 2 years of getting Ipsy.

-NYC eyeliner (nope, don't use liquid eyeliner)

-Smashbox primer (GAH! I did not have primers checked and changed my profile to get the TooFaced, FAIL)

-BioRepublic sheet masks (ok)

-J Cat Liptitude hydrating lip stain (ugh, J Cat)

-tre'StiQue mini shadow crayon (blah)

I hate that every time ipsy has multiple nail polishes I NEVER GET ONE and I freakin love nail polish. 

I got the exact same bag, and I haven't had primers selected like... ever. :( 

I've actually got decent hopes for the JCat lip thing though - I got the Wonder Lip Paint from them a while ago and it was actually really nice. I also like the gel liner I got from them.

The eye crayon also looks like it could be promising.

I'm just still quite disappointed about the primer.

• Like 1

Love my bag!! Thought most everything was great this month! I hope to receive a lighter shade of eye crayon.

post-118162-0-65933500-1433341211_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Ipsy has been killing it for me this year!! I think I finally got my quiz set up to get things I actually want! This bag soooo makes up for my disappointing birchbox.

I'm getting

Smashbox Primer- love this!! I have the full size but Wanted a mini for travel.

It cosmetics brow power eyebrow pencil- love it cosmetics so I'm super excited to try.

Formula X nail polish- love this brand and the color is gorgeous!!

Trestique mini shadow crayon- never heard of this brand but I like cream shadow a lot.

Lavanila body butter- could always use a mini lotion to keep in my purse.

Edited by BriBaybee
  • Like 1

I'm not too mad about my bag:

post-93138-0-50690100-1433346125_thumb.png

Not sure I'll dig the eyeliner or shadow crayon. I might swap those for some of the other products.

I'm getting:

Ofra turquoise eyeliner

Lavanilla body butter

Eye shadow crayon

Formula X nail polish

Smashbox primer

I'm excited about everything, I just hope that the eye shadow crayon is any color besides the mossy green shade (I have so many liners in this color from subscription boxes)

My bag is showing:

IT Cosmetics Brow Power Universal Eyebrow Pencil

Aurora Gel Effect Nail Polish

Smashbox Primer

Altcheck MD Eye Gel Pads

Tre'Stique Mini Eyeshadow Crayon

I've never heard of/tried any of those products (newbie here) except for the primer which I already have a sample of. I have actaully only used it once and keep forgetting I have it.

• Like 1