Passionate about sfx, want to start- but need some help and guidance!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hello! I am tasha and I am really passionate about special effects makeup and practice it all the time with regular makeup and various things around the house, but recently i've come to the realization that it is something i would really honestly love to pursue as a career and learn everything i can! i already watch tons of youtube tutorials and am just obsessed with it all basically, but i really want to surround myself with it and give it my all. 

i am 23 and live in orlando florida- i am at a point in my life where i feel like i have reached a dead end here and am looking for a fresh start anyways.

i know that there are little things i could do here in orlando that could help me- but other than halloween horror nights which is only once a year, i have researched schools and such and there really nothing legit for such a specific field.

realistically if i gave myself enough time (i was thinking 1 year) to save money and sort out things/find roommates/way to make money/etc., i could just pack the few things i own and move to a better-suited-for-the-industry type of city. my question about that though is- what school would honestly be the best and most worth my money? and should i be set on moving to L.A. or the New York area? If anyone has any experience in this subject- I need your help, because I don't know anyone in the industry- and I really am super passionate and feel motivated to pursue this! Thank you!

p.s. there is a possibility that my sister would move with me- share rent, but it's not for sure. 

AND i have heard a lot about Cinema makeup school in L.A., has anyone gone there? is it a waste of money or worth it?

THANK YOU!!! 

Back