The MSA & KB Limited Edition Beach House Box [Spoilers]

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
No spoilers yet. Here is the blurb from the Kloverbox website.

Kloverbox and My Subscription Addiction joined together to bring you a Limited Edition Summer Box - The Beach House Box! Inspired by a beach house vacation, this box features natural beauty brands and coastal living essentials. This one-time purchase will ship early June to the US only.

Time to start guessing! Liz stated that the items are usable even if one does not own a beach house. Kelly & Liz, please don't stress. Half the fun is guessing!

I'm guessing there will be 5-7 items with a total retail amount between $150-$200.  I don't have a lot of ideas for the theme so my guesses are limited and random.

1. enV Bags - They have beach themed reusable bags. The totes can hold up to 40 lbs and are water resistant.  I don't think I ever seen them in sub boxes.

2. enV Bags  - They also have a beach themed outdoor pillow case which would go nice with an outdoor pillow. Outdoor pillows can also be used indoors.

3. Coolibar Blanket or a different item - It has SPF in their items. I don't know if they meet KB's standard for vendors and have not seen that brand in sub boxes.

4. A blanket/beach towel/hand towel/tea towel - I don't think turkish cotton because it has already been done by PopSugar and Causebox.

5. An item from Beach Organics - They are certified USDA Organic, Certified Vegan, and Cruelty Free ( I think certified because it has the bunny emblem). They offer shampoo, deodorant, sunscreen, repellant etc.  I think it fits in well, but i never seen them in a box before.

6. A type of sunscreen - Going off what I received in the EWG SunSafety Box that is also in sub boxes -SunIntegrity, Goddess Garden Organics, Juice Beauty, or Honest Company. The good thing is that we will know it blends in because Liz looks for that in sunscreen. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Other things I  think of when I hear the theme are sea shells, windchimes, blue and white decor,  and a beach tote. Maybe someone else will have more ideas. I didn't purchase it for the theme. I purchased it because I'm certain I will like most, if not all, the items because it is being offered by KB and MSA.

Edited to add : Maybe a Balance Guru product!

Last edited by a moderator:
I passed on this one as well (too many purchases lately) but the theme sounds fun!

I like your ideas @@PA Anna!

I was thinking/hoping there might be a non-sticky Chapstick or lip gloss with sunscreen, but with just got that in the May box, so I'm thinking probably not!

My guesses/wish list are:

An Eco-friendly waterproof watch, like something from Sprout watches: http://www.sproutwatches.com/white-tyvek-confetti-crystal-watch

A sun hat with Spf (maybe Mott50?)

Sunscreen and/or bug spray

Bracelet or anklet - I like the sea glass idea, but anything sparkly http://www.ourgreenhouse.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=plb-hope&Click=18030&utm_source=googleshopping&utm_medium=shoppingengine&gclid=CLaR2MW_7sUCFQaLaQodKCMAyw

Salt water taffy

And a small waterproof bag to keep things like your phone safe at the beach or pool

I'm really hoping no bronzer. And I'm guessing we may get a tote, but I hope not personally because I've just gotten about three! Maybe if it was something larger like a weekender bag!

For the value, I'm hoping it's over $200, minimum, because I feel like the more successful boxes have at least double the value. That gives buyers a chance to dislike/not use/have allergies to, at least one item (it's low odds that everyone will love everything), and then account for the fact that you can buy just about everything with a 20% off coupon now-a-days... That means that you get a better deal buying the box than if you were just to pick out the items you like and buy them with coupons. Hope that makes sense!

Anyway, I have been really happy with the quality of the goods Kelly has sent out in KB in the past, and I think Liz knows what makes up a good special edition box, so I am really looking forward to getting this!

(Oh, and I think there will be something decorative in the box.... Wind chime maybe?)

Liz posted that Kelly should have the packing materials early next week!

@@biancardi I love the idea of sea glass jewelry.

@@Reija It's been crazy lately with so many one time boxes available for purchase. It's hard to pick and choose.

@@Miccarty2 I forgot about Mott50! I can see them being in the box. I like the bracelet that you linked. I can see Kloverbox/MSA  being able to put in $200.00 worth of value. I don't want to get my hopes up.

@@Sherr mentioned the spoiler in the regular thread.

MSA posted a spoiler for the BeachBox. It is the One Love Organics Vitamin C Body Polish! It looks great. Also the box will ship 2 day priority by the 18th!

I am going to add one more guess - TATCHA blotting papers. I know it isn't the correct name. I received them in a Sample Society Mystery Warehouse sale last year and love them.

@@Sherr mentioned the spoiler in the regular thread.

MSA posted a spoiler for the BeachBox. It is the One Love Organics Vitamin C Body Polish! It looks great. Also the box will ship 2 day priority by the 18th!

I am going to add one more guess - TATCHA blotting papers. I know it isn't the correct name. I received them in a Sample Society Mystery Warehouse sale last year and love them.
Thanks for the mention … I hadn't realized there was a thread just for this special collaboration box.

Here's an update for anyone that might have missed it. I wonder what the creative solution looks like? Items wrapped in a towel or a blanket? Items arranged artistically in a bag? I hope my box arrives on Monday because I will be busy at the farm Tuesday. Either way I can't wait! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I also need to follow-up with Kelly on something. I am going to wait until the two boxes ship. I can't imagine how busy she is right now with both boxes shipping back to back.

Just a quick update and apology - we had an issue come up with the label printer, and getting all the items to fit in the box (we came up with a creative solution you'll see soon), so labels should print tonight and boxes will be out Saturday the latest.

Kloverbox + MSA

ETA: I have a tracking number that says label created!

Pictures coming soon.

1. Goldfaden MD SunVisor - Fullsize Sunscreen -

2. One Love Organics - Vitamin C Body Polish - Full Size

3. TATCHA Enriching Renewal Cream - Travel Size

4. Hand in Hand - Sea Salt Liquid Hand Soap - Full Size

5. Thursday Friday Gold Toe Tote - There are 3 color variations.

6. Olio Studio Aqua Stripe Pillow - Exclusively made for the box. This was vacuumed sealed to fit in the box.

Love it! Working on pictures next.

Wow Thank you @@PA Anna!  I hope I get mine today too but there's no movement in my tracking  :drive:   so I'll just drool over your upcoming pictures. :wub:

Pictures coming soon.

1. Goldfaden MD SunVisor - Fullsize Sunscreen -

2. One Love Organics - Vitamin C Body Polish - Full Size

3. TATCHA Enriching Renewal Cream - Travel Size

4. Hand in Hand - Sea Salt Liquid Hand Soap - Full Size

5. Thursday Friday Gold Toe Tote - There are 3 color variations.

6. Olio Studio Aqua Stripe Pillow - Exclusively made for the box. This was vacuumed sealed to fit in the box.

Love it! Working on pictures next.
Thanks for the spoilers!  It seems like the value is definitely there - these aren't cheap items.  I'm not super excited about anything, but there also isn't anything I immediately feel I'd want to swap.  Hmmm - I hope when I get mine, I'll love it!

I'm not a blogger and live in a house with bad lighting. Bear with me when it comes to the photos. I'm very happy with the box. I'm posting  a couple pictures here and then will do a follow-up with more photos.

IMG_0501.JPG

I love how both logos are on the box.

IMG_0503.JPG

The back row - ThursdayFriday Gold Toe Tote in Antler and Olio Studio - AquaStripe Pillow

Middle Row - Hand in Hand -Sea Salt Liquid Hand Soap, One Love Organics - Vitamin C Body Polish, Goldfaden MD - SunVisor (sunscreen)

Front Row - TATCHA - Enriching Renewal Cream,

Looks like a value of $218 - not bad!  The tote bag is listed as $110, but you can buy it online for $18!?  So I used $18 for that value.

Thanks for the spoilers @@PA Anna! I had to look, as I wasn't wild about the scrub spoiler, so I wanted to give myself time to adjust expectations before I opened the box tonight.

I do think the value is there, and I can use all the products, even if there isn't anything in there that I'm super excited about. I wonder what the tote color variations are? I can always use a tote, and I'm thinking the pillow might actually match the chair cushions on my deck, so if it does, I'll be pleased.

I think this box might be one of those that I like a lot more after I've had a chance to use all the products a little.

There are a lot of pictures. Click on the spoiler tag to see them. I didn't want to cause problems with those looking on mobile etc. eating up gigabytes.

IMG_0485.JPG

First look at the box. The card on top is the information card. I did not take a picture of the inside because it has codes.

IMG_0486.JPG

Second look at the box.

IMG_0487.JPG

Thursday Friday - Gold Toe Tote in Antler. There are 3 variations, but the variations are not listed on the card. We will find out soon enough when others posts. It has studs on the bottom, a gold turn catch closure, made out of canvas with a nylon lining, and has pockets on the insides. I love the color.  This will be used a lot over the summer.

IMG_0488.JPG

Here is the pillow vacuumed sealed! Clever. What happens when it is opened?

IMG_0489.JPG

Voila! A pillow made exclusive for the box by Olio Studo. It is an Aqua Stripe Pillow. I took the picture right after removing it from the bag. I am looking at the pillow right now and it is fully inflated. Another item that will be used a lot.

IMG_0490.JPG

One Love Organics Vitamin C Body Polish 6 oz - I opened the seal just a tiny bit so I could take a whiff of the scent. It smells like summer. :)

IMG_0493.JPG

Hand in Hand - Sea Salt Liquid Hand Soap 12 oz. Never fear, the pump is in the box. Be sure to look for it if you missed it.  It has a nice pleasant scent which reminds me of my childhood vacations when I close my eyes. I am putting this in the bathroom.

IMG_0494.JPG

GoldFaden MD- SunVisor 2.7 oz. I peaked at the card before opening the box  to see what was the first item listed  and the word SunVisor caught my eye. This is a little different than what I pictured. It's great for under or over makeup. I tried this on my arm. It is a spray and comes out as a white foam/liquid that you rub in. No scent. I'll be using this later today.

IMG_0499.JPG

TATCHA - Enriching Renewal Cream travel size. Do not be fooled by this small size. This little cream is $38.00; full size is $185.00. I love TATCHA especially their :luv: hand cream :luv: . I've used this travel size cream before and loved it. I'm happy to see it in the box and am very happy to see a TATCHA code.

The card has great codes if you want to order more products. I know I will be using my TATCHA code to order more :luv: hand cream :luv: .There are also a couple of information cards about the companies in the box.

Quick question- did the hand soap ship with a pump or is it a refill type situation? 

Edit never mind, I see it! Thanks so much for the pictures!!

The box looks good! Nothing insanely exciting but extremely usable. I think my biggest disappointment is the lack of swap fodder. There is just nothing I can justify swapping since I use or was thinking of buying every one of those things. I've been hemming and hawing about buying a new work tote and here it is!

Latest posts

Back