Cant find a good moisturiser

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a moisturiser for combo/acne prone/sensitive skin. I've tried no7,clarins and mac all the way down to drugstore.

I'd like to tell you where you can find a good specialized moisturizer, but I believe that's against the rules... ;D

Perhaps speak to a dermatologist? You might need a prescription strength product.

I'd like to tell you where you can find a good specialized moisturizer, but I believe that's against the rules... ;D

Perhaps speak to a dermatologist? You might need a prescription strength product.
What do you mean it's against the rules?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm currently using the Simple oil-free moisturizer, which I really like and is really light and moisturizing without being oily at all.

Oh,could you not Email me? Have you tried the brand Dermalogica? I've heard really good things about them,just the price what puts me off =o
I've never tried Dermalogica, but it seems to be pretty good! But yeah, price always gets me as well...it would be nice if you could sample expensive stuff like that! I'd be a lot more likely to try and then end up spending my money on certain products if more of them would have a "send me a sample" option.

Dermalogica is awesome. Usually when you're having skin issues, you want to look for a good cleanser first...I think Ulta has dermalogica kits - when I first tried it out, I bought a travel size kit to get to know the products. The daily microexfoliant works really well for my combo/dry skin. Their active moist is great, but I try to use an anti-aging moisturizer, so I let my hubby use up the active moist! (he has combo/oily/sensitive skin, and it works great for him)

Dermalogica is awesome. Usually when you're having skin issues, you want to look for a good cleanser first...I think Ulta has dermalogica kits - when I first tried it out, I bought a travel size kit to get to know the products. The daily microexfoliant works really well for my combo/dry skin. Their active moist is great, but I try to use an anti-aging moisturizer, so I let my hubby use up the active moist! (he has combo/oily/sensitive skin, and it works great for him)
Dermalogica is awful! i got a sample size off ebay,and it has broken me out really bad! i have tiny little spots or lumps under my skin.I live in the Uk,so i wont have a ulta lol.

I've always had great luck with Clinique and Estee Lauder. I have a sensitive combo skin.

I really am into face oils now... I love kate Somerville dido oil & pro genius nude oil... Both make my face glow!!

Josie Maran Argan Oil is my holy grail. I have very dry skin all year round. I apply it at night and I don't even have to moisturize before applying my foundation the next morning. I have sensitive skin also and have never had it break me out! (I have been using it for three months.)

I've been into Korean skincare lately! In addition to moisturizer, I also add jojoba oil for added hydration because I find if I hydrate my combo/oily skin it retrains my skin to stop over producing oil and leaves it well hydrated. It's also non-comodegenic so it won't clog pores.

There are many Korean brands that use more natural ingredients in there products that are beneficial for the skin. One is Innisfree, I would recommend trying their green tea line! They have three different lines within their green tea line that cater to specific skin types.

Hope you find the right moisturizer! 

^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I've been into Korean skincare lately! In addition to moisturizer, I also add jojoba oil for added hydration because I find if I hydrate my combo/oily skin it retrains my skin to stop over producing oil and leaves it well hydrated. It's also non-comodegenic so it won't clog pores.

There are many Korean brands that use more natural ingredients in there products that are beneficial for the skin. One is Innisfree, I would recommend trying their green tea line! They have three different lines within their green tea line that cater to specific skin types.

Hope you find the right moisturizer! 

^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 
I thought putting more oil onto your skin would make it more oily but i guess not! thats why i've always avoided it. I shall defo check this out =) thankyou

The clinique dramatically different moisturizing gel is really good
Tried it! i had the whole clinique skincare range and foundation.the moistursier made me even more oilyer and the foundation just broke me out even more and it made my really dry.

Well, I think a moisturizer form Revitol or Dermology can serve the purpose for you. Since you have already tried some of the moisturizers, I guess this is what can actually work for you as they worked quite well for me. 

Murad sends me products sometimes and they are launching a new anti-aging acne line in July (yet it seems to be available in some places - these are the products: http://www.skinmedix.com/murad-acne-aging-skin-solution-kit/?gclid=CKvDz_jglsYCFY-QHwod0w8A7Q)

I have only been testing it for a week but I can report back and let you know what I think.  I have been happy with most of the products they have sent me so far.  I have rosacea so my skin is super sensitive and their moisturizers work for me.  I also love their clarifying mask as a spot treatment when I get hormonal breakouts.  The only negative is that it's definitely on the pricier side.  I wait until my Massage Envy has a giant sale and then stock up.   

The best drugstore alternative for sensitive skin (not sure about acne prone) I have tried is CeraVe.  I have to get the kind without the sunscreen though because otherwise it can burn a little. 

Moisturizers are very good for skin. That may be to keep the same hydrated or to adhere to clean and glowing skin. I think you can try the moisturizer that have long lsting effects, May be I couldn't tell you the brand name or the suitable one for you but all I cansay is try to keep it as natural as you can.

Hi Dear Kitty , Since you have a very sensitive skin I think you should moisturise with oils such as argan, passionfruit seed and avocado with using a separate, physical sunblock on top of it. With These Oils ,you are 100% sure that there is exactly one ingredient. 

For more information I suggest to take a look at Garden of Wisdom , They have the best oils for different skin types.

Latest posts

Back