What do you think is the best BB or CC cream?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm looking for a good BB or CC cream.  I'd love your thoughts on what you think I should try.

Not sure what your budget is but I like Dior, YSL, Dr. Jart and skin79. Dr. Jart and skin79 are cheaper and work really well too. I alternate between many of them so I can't say if they really work. I have a hard time sticking to just one and using the same thing over and over.

I have rosacea so I need a lot of coverage.  My favorites are the IT Cosmetics CC cream ($38) or the Missha BB cream ($22).  They are really different products but they basically offer the same thing - color correction, hydration, anti-aging, UV protection.  The reason I say they are different is that they apply so differently.  The IT is true to whatever color you pick out (5 shades) and has a very dewy finish.  The Missha is only 2 shades and is one of those thick gray creams that magically transforms into your skin color.  I feel like the Missha has better staying power than the IT, but my skin looks prettier with the IT. 

I love Smashbox's Camera Ready BB Cream with SPF 35!! BB creams are best suited for those with non acne prone skin, while CC cream is best for those who suffer from acne or redness and need more coverage. A good CC cream is Amore's Pacific Color Control with SPF 50, it helps repair skin issues while providing great coverage.

Wei To Go Ideal Skin Perfect Finish (CC cream.) Great coverage ( I switched from Revlon Colorstay, if that gives you can idea of the amount of coverage I was used to) and just a beautiful finish. I get complements on my skin all the time now and told my skin looks airbrushed.

I just recently started getting into BBs and CCs, but so far I'm loving Supergoop! and Marcelle.  I've also heard really good things about It Cosmetics.

Wei To Go Ideal Skin Perfect Finish (CC cream.) Great coverage ( I switched from Revlon Colorstay, if that gives you can idea of the amount of coverage I was used to) and just a beautiful finish. I get complements on my skin all the time now and told my skin looks airbrushed.
Thanks for the reminder, I got a sample of that and thought it was amazing.  Will have to add it to my list of full sizes to try out when I finally run out of my stock of BBs/CCs/foundations

Clarins BB cream is light weight and adds coverage, but also the Dior Nude BB cream is about medium coverage and when set with a powder lasts all day! Feel free to add a primer under any BB cream for extra hours of wear.  The dior BB cream has limited shades though which is a downfall. 

I second the Dior Nude BB. It's amazing. It behaves like a foundation but it's a BB cream. The coverage is great and layered with powder, the finish is flawless.

I know people say the Korean BB creams are waaay better than the American counterparts, but I actually really like my Garnier one. I have oily skin and I don't feel like this one makes me look shinier.

I was a foundation junky but stopped as soon as I start using the Dior nude skin BB a couple of years ago. I am really fair with dry skin and dry patches and it doesn't accentuate them at all and stay beautiful throughout the day! I don't look too patchy at the end of the day which was a big problem I had with pretty much every other foundation! Also the 001 is pale enough for me! I know my sisters use this BB cream too and it tend to oxidise a bit but not on me at all!

I have rosacea so I need a lot of coverage.  My favorites are the IT Cosmetics CC cream ($38) or the Missha BB cream ($22).  They are really different products but they basically offer the same thing - color correction, hydration, anti-aging, UV protection.  The reason I say they are different is that they apply so differently.  The IT is true to whatever color you pick out (5 shades) and has a very dewy finish.  The Missha is only 2 shades and is one of those thick gray creams that magically transforms into your skin color.  I feel like the Missha has better staying power than the IT, but my skin looks prettier with the IT. 
Good to know that IT is a winner. I just cashed in my ipsy points to try the IT CC cream not knowing anything about it. I've been using boo boo coverup to cover my rosacea and then using a bb cream- usually etude house-on the non-red areas.

Good to know that IT is a winner. I just cashed in my ipsy points to try the IT CC cream not knowing anything about it. I've been using boo boo coverup to cover my rosacea and then using a bb cream- usually etude house-on the non-red areas.
Dang I didn't know Ipsy had that! I have the points, but it's already sold out. 

I've always liked the garnier bb cream. It's cheap and after using it for my years now it's really cut down redness issues I've had on my cheeks and nose. I also think it blends well and looks very natural. Now if you're looking for a high end bb I completely agree with the others that said Dior. It's the bomb :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I love Arbonne's CC cream - light/medium coverage so I use it when my skin is clear and it looks great. The good thing about Arbonne is that all products are organic, vegan, chemical free, paraben free and have no artificial dyes or fragrances. So they really are good for you/your skin. I'm a product junkie and very picky but this one is a keeper for me. I'm an independent consultant for Arbonne so I'm happy to discuss more about it with you if you're interested :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back