PeridotCricket

Birchbox July 2015 (Spoilers)

I used the invisible oil from Bumble and Bumble. My hair is fine, naturally curly and tends to get oily after a blow out (think Prof. Snape). Some products are too heavy and make freshly washed hair look greasy/dirty. This was actually worked really well. My only complaint is that I wasn't blown away by the smell. It's nice but nothing amazing. Here is where I would add an emoticon using a hairdryer if there was such a thing.

• Like 1

I need to try mine. I keep forgetting to try it. I got a bigger size in the latest Allure box.

It is funny everyone is having such a difficult time with the stila. It was entertaining reading some of the reviews. Personally I really love it, but I watched bb's video on how to apply it. I got beso. I really want to try a shade from this line that isn't so bright. I haven't checked out the shades yet though. To apply I start on the bottom lip and I only use the same section of the wand the whole time. Then I use the bottom lip to transfer excess to the top lip and just fill in the very top. I never double dip the applicator. Let it dry, blot once or twice. It doesn't transfer. I love this formula!

• Like 1

It is funny everyone is having such a difficult time with the stila. It was entertaining reading some of the reviews. Personally I really love it, but I watched bb's video on how to apply it. I got beso. I really want to try a shade from this line that isn't so bright. I haven't checked out the shades yet though. To apply I start on the bottom lip and I only use the same section of the wand the whole time. Then I use the bottom lip to transfer excess to the top lip and just fill in the very top. I never double dip the applicator. Let it dry, blot once or twice. It doesn't transfer. I love this formula!

I agree, I didn't have an issue with it once I figured out the formula. I really like this product, just not the hot pink that mine came in  <_<  Maybe I should start throwing 80s parties just so I can wear it.

• Like 1

I used my Stila today and went to wash it off when I got home. I generally just use a damp cloth to wipe my lipsticks off. I had to SCRUB it off. I could have used soap, but I wasn't in the mood to taste soap which almost always happens to me, because I can't control myself for some reason. But it also lasted a 9 hour day, including chinese food for dinner and drinking water/energy drinks all day with minimal transfer. I really like this product!

I use makeup wipes to remove it.  I got Stila Beso in a Birchbox a couple years ago and makeup wipes or makeup remover on a cotton pad have saved me a lot of scrubbing to get it off. 

• Like 1

I need to try mine. I keep forgetting to try it. I got a bigger size in the latest Allure box.

I was looking at the Allure box, this months box was great! How do you sign up for it? I couldn't figure it out and finally gave up.

Does anyone else get more excited over the box designs than the products in them?! I save all of my boxes because they're too pretty to throw away and keep all the loser products in a separate bin from all my usual makeup

• Like 2

anyone having trouble getting points when reviewing products.  I go to review a product and then it doesn't give me the 10 points.  Then it saw that I already reviewed the product.

i got beso when i was supposed to get venezia, just got my box today, its so late, but hopefully they will make it right, i emailed them the screenshot of my sample choice and the one i received so we shall see

i got beso when i was supposed to get venezia, just got my box today, its so late, but hopefully they will make it right, i emailed them the screenshot of my sample choice and the one i received so we shall see

I got Venezia and I was suppose to get Beso!

I was looking at the Allure box, this months box was great! How do you sign up for it? I couldn't figure it out and finally gave up.

I am bad at pasting hyperlinks so I will describe what I did. In google search for allure beauty box. The first result is an article called Inside the Allure Beauty Box. There will be a clickable spot in the article on how to sign up. That takes you to the page where you can subscribe. I don't know if this works because I have too many subs to justify adding another.

Here is the hyperlink to the box sign up page. It's just gibberish.

https://w1.buysub.com/pubs/N3/ALL/beautybox_landing.jsp?cds_page_id=186691&cds_mag_code=ALL&cds_response_key=%20S5TALB14

The third google result just tells you that the box for July sold out. The second is junk about the site crashing in May. 

Here is a picture of my box and the upgrade box. Overall I'm really happy with the box and also the upgrade items. Love the fact that the upgraded items were packaged in a separate box. (Also posted in the upgrades thread). Glad I decided to try an additional month with the upgrades instead of canceling after last month. The Stila definitely won't work for me. I tried and it's the orange type of shade I've been looking for because I've seen so many look so good with the type of lip color. Myself not so much. I definitely look like a clown with it on. Not a look my kids are used to and thought mom looked crazy. Hubby didn't care for it either.

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1

Here is a picture of my box and the upgrade box. Overall I'm really happy with the box and also the upgrade items. Love the fact that the upgraded items were packaged in a separate box. (Also posted in the upgrades thread). Glad I decided to try an additional month with the upgrades instead of canceling after last month. The Stila definitely won't work for me. I tried and it's the orange type of shade I've been looking for because I've seen so many look so good with the type of lip color. Myself not so much. I definitely look like a clown with it on. Not a look my kids are used to and thought mom looked crazy. Hubby didn't care for it either.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

That's a really lovely box.

• Like 2

I seem to have the best luck when I leave my boxes up to chance (although I've got less stellar ones as well that way) but overall I think I get better boxes if I leave them to chance versus picking the sample choice.

I restarted birchbox last month to get the "style me pretty" box, because I could use nearly everything. (And that hair tie!) This months box was disappointed. The lipgloss was bright. There was smelly lotion and hair products. And supergoop. So tired of supergoop, there was a full size in popsugar. I love the birchbox point system, but my boxes...sigh. 

Obviously a little later than most of y'all, I forgot to update my card so my box just shipped and still isn't even showing up on my box page yet. I had to do a bit of sleuthing but the link y'all posted earlier solved my problem. So, a few questions, since patience isn't my strong suit, lol:

Does anyone know what color Stila came with this box variation?

Also, did they send out only black or the newer colors for the They're Real mascara? I would absolutely love to try it in Beyond Brown.

post-99886-0-89718100-1437539915_thumb.png

The cheat is working for me as well:

Stila (PYS)

Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray

Coola Cucumber SPF 30

Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion Skin Exfoliant

Benefit They're Real Mascara

I've already gotten the Oribe from the Beachy & Bright box, but I'll use it. It's a nice product. The Benefit mascara looks like it has a few color options, so I'll use it if it is black. I've got a tube of the Mango Coola from a past box, but SPF is always useful. I'll use the exfoliant, and I will use the Stila. It's a nice box, if not the most exciting. I'm please there are no perfumes and no tinted makeup items (fair means pasty, Birchbox, not orange). 

I'm getting this same box, what color Stila did you get? Did they end up sending out just black for the Benefit mascara or did you get brown or blue?