Doing something for myself!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi girls! 

I stumbled upon this forum recently when I was trying to find other women like myself who have a passion for beauty and glam! Ever since I was a little girl, I have been playing around with makeup, starting from coloring myself with my mother's new lipsticks at age 2, to now giving my friends and my mom's friends makeovers! 

I had always wanted to work in the beauty industry, but felt the pressure to get a normal job that offered more stability. After spending the past 26 years focusing on what others expected of me, I FINALLY decided to pursue beauty blogging as a hobby. What really gave me the push was finding out 3 weeks ago that my entire team at work is getting laid off and outsourced to another company. Although its a scary situation, it forced me to sit down and think about what I really want to be doing in my life. I kept making excuses - its too late, no one will read my blog or watch my YouTube videos, I'm not pretty enough to be welcomed in the beauty community, etc. But realizing that my career in the Finance world isn't as stable as I thought it would be, I decided that it's time to just do what I've been wanting to do for all these years!

My hobby of giving others makeovers (I love working on mature skin the most) inspires me to become a part of this wonderful beauty world. I have seen how a touch of blush, a stroke of eyeliner, lifts up other's spirits and brings out a newfound happiness! 

I hope to become friends with other girls (and guys!) in this industry, and become inspired by you all to learn and grow my skills - even if it just a hobby, I still feel like its something that I can finally do for myself!

xoxo, 
Niza

Latest posts

Back