**Help with cut and styling? <3**

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, I was hoping to get a cut similar to this picture ::

makeupppp.jpg

I was hoping for any suggestions on how to ask for this type of cut (Long layers, I think?), and any help with getting huge, high-volume curls/waves, a bit more than she does in the picture. I have a curling iron, but everytime I try it on my hair, it kind of just kinks it, doesn't curl it. Maybe I'm doing it wrong?

Thanks so much!

Are you rolling your hair around the iron in the right direction? You have to go in the direction that the hair is clamped in... otherwise you'll get a crimp. Her cut looks like layers... almost like a long shag. You can have your stylist cut in some wispy layers around your face, or use a razor so it's not so blunt. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> A good setting spray can help you hold a nice curl. Also, they tend to hold better on hair that isn't overy conditioned. It tends to weigh them down a bit too much. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Ah, I never knew - I usually just straighten my hair, this is a first time for curling it. Thanks so much!!

no problem :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> If you clamp the iron, and the ends of your hair are pointing away from you... you have to roll it under... clockwise. And vice versa if you want the ends to curl up toward you. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back