fancyfarmer

Little Lace Box July Serendipity/August Box *SPOILERS*

Mine just came. I like the vase better in person, but it's still too small to be of any use. I got the perfume in Audry, which is too floral for me to wear, so there is one item down the drain. I wish they had sent a voucher for the perfume, so that we could have chosen, because there are two that I would have loved, and three that I can't wear. I got the shea butter in the Lolla whatever. It is very green, and I will use it. But I feel rather ripped off for my first, and after this, only box. I could have bought TWO Pop Sugar boxes for the price.

• Like 2

Disappointed. Some people paid $60 for this box, and IMO that's a rip off for what you receive. I was really looking forward to this box with all the hype they gave saying "highest valued box yet" and we get a tiny vase, flowers (which I appreciate), a perfume, and Shea butter that's from the LLB brand? I'm constantly disappointed with their boxes now. Also, does anyone know how the theme fits this box because I don't see it! Overall, this month just wasn't for me, but now that I think of it I haven't truly enjoyed their boxes in quite some time. Compared to other subscription boxes they just don't do it for me anymore. I wish they would curate boxes like they did before, I guess they've gone downhill. Time to cancel.

• Like 4

Nothing in this box screams 18th/19tj century to me, let alone P&P. After so looking forward to my one of my favorite books in subscription box form, I'm very disappointed. Oh well, time to move on from LLB! The next theme doest interest me either.

• Like 2

What I don't get is that they switched to every other month to get things under control but then decided to start a whole new box/pouch for off months...I just wish I had the monthly ones still because I bought a year subscription right when they went to bi monthly and now I have two years! This is the first box I have been completely unhappy with. I hope it gets better because I do still love LLB.

• Like 2

I'm a bit bummed. This was my first LLB. I was intrigued by the company when I saw the Downton Abbey box...and I thought they nailed that theme! So, when I saw P&P, I thought, "This is my chance to get an awesome box like the Downton one." The vase is cute and the flowers are a nice touch. I understand the reasoning behind the fragrance (even though I recieved the one that excited me the least). But, the body butter is a stretch. It's a nice product but not what I expected with this theme. I think I was hoping for something literature related...maybe some thick stationery or a nice pen? I also wasn't expecting so much of the promised "value" to be in a single item (the vase). The box overall is not bad, it just (for me) didn't live up to the hype.

• Like 2

Thanks for posting! I just need to see that vase now lol...

Attaching pics of vase and contents of the box

post-116275-0-37794400-1440720028_thumb.jpg

post-116275-0-04707600-1440720049_thumb.jpg

post-116275-0-83945000-1440720057_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I have championed LLC, but every box I have gotten I always find myself thinking "well..maybe next time." I was very excited for this month, but underwhelmed upon the arrival of my box. Ripped open the box and was like, "oh."   The boxes from last year were SO my jam (I coveted that planner and pearls), but it is as if the taste profile of the box has changed. I hate to say that I am sorta regretting that I am locked in for two years.  I would have even been hyped with a literal interpretation of P&P - something like the Jane Austen Paddywax candle!...That vase is just...well, it just meets a very specific taste level - sort of like the perfume. And I liked the texture of the body butter, but the smell was just so overpowering.  However, I am thrilled for those who love this sub. and I really do hope that LLB does well. As for me, I have a box full of potential Christmas gifts stretching back to the February box.

Anyway....maybe next time!   =)

(..I wish I could find a box that was Anthropologie-like in style and feel. I'm not a mom, but Mommy Mailbox has had some past boxes that have come close! Any suggestions??) 

• Like 2

Ya'll, I hate to say it, but lets be honest here. That vase is tacky and has a childish feel. And to make it the "main" item in a (supposedly themed) Pride and Prejudice box? All due respect to the artisan, but this sort of thing is not for everyone. Maybe my red-hat-society-going aunt. I dunno. I can't believe the lack of sophistication this box has developed. 

Also...when it came to "up-and-coming" designers and artisans, I sure did not think it was going to be LLB hawking their own "brand" of stuff. 

I got my box and I am pleased. I really love the vase it matches the colors in my bedroom and I love fresh flowers, so the certificate is going to be used. My perfume oil was payton, and I like spicy scents. The Shea butter is going to be used also, it matches my scrub. The serendipity items were a bonus, plus we have another serendipity coming in September. Can't wait to see what authentic autumn brings for October. This box was a win for me.

Well, to be honest, I was kinda disappointed when I got the box..but, I love the flower Bouq voucher ( haven't received redeeming code yet), the tea infused is super clever and use it already, and I already swap couple of the other items for things I've coveted for a while on the swap site..would I have wish for something different for my first box? Yes, I thought I would be transposed to 18th century England, and really thought of diary/stationary, candle, vintage jewelry.. Hopefully next one is more in line would what I am dreaming of..:))

• Like 1

Thank you for sharing pictures and the Instagram link. I'm not subscribed to either sub service offered by LLB. I like the bud vase from what I seen in the pictures. I do understand how people can feel disappointed with the items. I hope that a few people will post their flowers once they arrive.

Now that I have the box in my hands I do like it a little better. I think the vase is cool and unique....it's just....I don't know. Not my taste and was kind of a disappointment that it was such a big ticket item. When we were told it was going to be the most $ box ever I was thinking of past big boxes where cool stuff kept coming. I might have liked it better if my expectations weren't set so high. On another note I really ended up like the perfume they sent me. It wasn't a huge full size one and the scent is lovely. I got Clara. I also liked the coconut mango sangria scented body cream I got. But I have so many body creams that I don't even know if I will ever make it to it. The flowers will be nice. But I have only liked flowers when they were from a loved one. Otherwise they just kind of a waste of money to me personally. I am curious about the tea infuser and the face and body wash bar. The thank you cards were just up my isle too.

For me this box is just OK. I received the perfume in Harper and the uou leave me peachless body butter, which is the same as my scrub from last box ( I wonder if they did that on purpose). I actually really like both those items, but I was hoping for a different perfume scent and the Lollapalooza butter. I have to admit, I am pretty underwhelmed with the vase. It's just so small, perhaps if it was bigger. I just can't believe how pricey it is. I just wish it wasn't the big ticket item. I was really hoping for a jewelry item too. I don't know exactly what to do with the vase. A few months ago I received a similar sized red vase in my POPSUGAR box and because its so small, it looks strange everywhere. Other than the vase I do like the box though

I had received the Lolabambooza scrub and my box this month had the peach body butter.  They are two very strong scents so no way to use them together which is a little disappointing.

• Like 1

The more I think about it the more disappointed I am in the box, I was excited since there are never spoilers so I'm always anxious to see what's in it. But after January of this year each box is more underwhelming to me. I was ok when I opened the box with the added Serendipity stuff in there it seemed much fuller. The vase isn't my style at all and the more I look at it the more I dislike it. On a side note, my 63 yr old mom and 62 yr old aunt loved the box. My mom loved the perfume and the lotion (coconut mango), my aunt loved the vase, she loves blue. I do like that I get to pick out my own bouquet though, that's pretty awesome. I just don't see how girls younger than me, in their early-mid 20s are curating this box. I'm going to be 30 this year and this box felt geared towards people my aunt and mom's age. Much like the last box, I hated that hat so much; it still gives me nightmares lol. But I won't drop the box since I'm still locked in at the $40/rate and still hoping for a box like the November '14 one. 

• Like 3

I just looked at the website for the vase and omg, that is some insanely expensive stuff. $ 500 some dollars for a tea pot ? I can respect her talent, its just not my style. I am afraid my cats are gonna knock it over. I absolutely love flowers and I happy to get them in this box, but I would never buy from that flower site on my own. You can get the same flowers local for a quarter if the price. I usually buy flowers every week at my farmers market. $10 gets one a huge mixed arrangement. I wonder how long the flower codes will be good for ? I would like to save mine for this winter, when its more difficult to get flowers locally.

I wonder how long the flower codes will be good for ? I would like to save mine for this winter, when its more difficult to get flowers locally.

I think the card in the box says they will be good until October 31st.
  • Like 2

For me this box is just OK. I received the perfume in Harper and the uou leave me peachless body butter, which is the same as my scrub from last box ( I wonder if they did that on purpose). I actually really like both those items, but I was hoping for a different perfume scent and the Lollapalooza butter. I have to admit, I am pretty underwhelmed with the vase. It's just so small, perhaps if it was bigger. I just can't believe how pricey it is. I just wish it wasn't the big ticket item. I was really hoping for a jewelry item too. I don't know exactly what to do with the vase. A few months ago I received a similar sized red vase in my POPSUGAR box and because its so small, it looks strange everywhere. Other than the vase I do like the box though

I found a place for popsugar vase in the bathroom.

LLB vase got a place too.

post-115885-0-57721300-1440766238_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Which perfume did you want? I got Audry and wanted Harper...

I found a place for popsugar vase in the bathroom.

LLB vase got a place too.

Cute! I believe I see a candle from Frenchbox there too.

• Like 1

I'm still on vacation, won't open my box until Monday. Hoping for the mango coconut body cream, I got the lollapolluza scrub and hated it, sounds like they improved the scent for the body cream, but I still don't want it.

The vase is not my style at all and there is no blue in my house.

If I have flowers delivered my husband will think I'm having an affair lol. I'll have them sent to my sister since she's watching my cats this week.

• Like 1

For me this box was a hit.  I will use everything and I LOVED the vase.  I only wish the card that was inside the vase was bigger (but then it probably wouldn't have fit in the vase), so I could frame it and put it next to the vase on my bookshelf.  I love the artist's story behind the vase.  I never would have spent this much money for a vase, so for me, that is the whole reason I get sub boxes.  Her art is beautiful, but very expensive, unfortunately, I can't even go to a paint your own pottery place and bring something home that I am proud of, so this is great.  

I'm not a perfume person, but I have a place for this in an upcoming gift and it is full-size.  It's oil so you don't need as much.   The scrub and body butter are both really nice for me.  Rumor has it that they are produced for LLb by the Beekman boys, so it is quality and it is priced right.  I really like the hair repair product.  I used it last night and it was great.  Unfortunately I used all of it.  Never heard of it before, so it was a nice new discovery.  I hope they sell it, because I will buy more if it's not too expensive.  

• Like 1