Does your hair dryer matter?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is something I've been wondering about. I've done some research and have found conflicting answers. So now I'd like to know your opinions... does your blow dryer make a difference in the way your hair looks afterwards? If so, which do you recommend? 

I think it definitely does. I used to use the cheaper ones and buy them from Target etc but then I ended up getting a T3 on sale (one of their lower priced models) and it definitely made a difference. My hair dries so much faster and is easy to style. I highly recommend it.

It does at the moment I blow dry. My hair is so smooth but as the day goes on, it turns more frizzy on the top. Could be the products I'm using too. Overall it just makes my hair so smooth and easy to style.

This is something I've been wondering about. I've done some research and have found conflicting answers. So now I'd like to know your opinions... does your blow dryer make a difference in the way your hair looks afterwards? If so, which do you recommend? 
I would say yes.  I used to have a Braun that just dried my hair, it died, so I decided to look to see what was out there.  My hairdresser did tell me to concentrate on looking for professional brands. I must have looked at over 15 websites but eventually went for the Karmin Ultralight Ionic hair dryer. 

• ion generator helps dry hair quickly and adds shine
  • cool shot button to eliminate frizz & flyaways
  • very lightweight, comes with a diffuser (good for when my daughter comes she has curly hair)
I am very happy with it.  In fact my daughter decided to go for one as well as has my DIL in Australia.

Hair dryers are as imortant as any other hair care product. Cheap dryers just burn the hair and scalp and ruin the hair rather than fix it. Professional hair dryers do help tame the frizz, create beautiful styles and much more. The problem is not hair dryers, the problem is: women don't know what hair tools suit their hair type, use a lot of heat without using heat protectants, or have no idea how to maneuvre their dryer.

Hair dryers are as imortant as any other hair care product. Cheap dryers just burn the hair and scalp and ruin the hair rather than fix it. Professional hair dryers do help tame the frizz, create beautiful styles and much more. The problem is not hair dryers, the problem is: women don't know what hair tools suit their hair type, use a lot of heat without using heat protectants, or have no idea how to maneuvre their dryer.
Just seen your post - you are so right.

I started using Pro Naturals argan oil leave in treatment around December last after every single shampoo/conditioner day and before heat styling - this has protected my hair and I will continue to do so. 

Back