Maybe it's just me but I feel as if the cosmetics are picked and then just put into a bag whether or not it's something you want.

For example, if you're the kind of person that doesn't like bright colors but that's all there is, that's what you're going to get.

I am glad that they have a new normalish looking stylist and Michelle is back. That being said I can't help but wonder how much money they spend on these videos. It just looks like a vanity exercise for the stylists. Look at me, I am young, skinny and wearing five different types of eyeliner at once. Tee hee. 

• Like 11

I am glad that they have a new normalish looking stylist and Michelle is back. That being said I can't help but wonder how much money they spend on these videos. It just looks like a vanity exercise for the stylists. Look at me, I am young, skinny and wearing five different types of eyeliner at once. Tee hee.

If they got rid of these stupid videos they could give EVERY subscriber good quality products!

• Like 7

I hate those videos.  As a grown adult it sort of makes me not want to tell my other adult friends about Ipsy.  They are very geared to the young crowd and not at all what I want to have associated with the professional adult image I am trying desperately to have the outside world believe in.

• Like 5

I hate those videos.  As a grown adult it sort of makes me not want to tell my other adult friends about Ipsy.  They are very geared to the young crowd and not at all what I want to have associated with the professional adult image I am trying desperately to have the outside world believe in.

Agreed.

Those videos are irritate me. I believe August will be my last month just because I have three 'bonus' items (redeemed with points) that I am waiting for and after I am gone. They should spend the $$ on quality products, or even reducing the shipping costs for us CDN customers instead of spending it on those videos.

I think I'll go with Glossybox next. 

• Like 4

After my annual gift expires in November I am gone - up until then (before November 1st) I will redeem all my points and cancel - I love BB and their awesome point system! I find them a more professional and geared-more-towards-my-age-group kind of company.

Know what would be better than videos....early access....like super early, like before the silly vids!

Spend the money on the programmers/coding to make THAT happen, Ipsy. Less on prancing around in some silly video.  

• Like 4

Yeah, I really hate these sneak peeks now too. I used to love them! I just keep seeing a bunch of things I would LOVE to try and not get even one of them... sad face.

early access is up
post-81533-0-04681000-1438770680_thumb.jpg

Now if at least one bag had the Doll10 blush and the other bag had the Noya lipstick, August would've been a great month. As is, the only things I'm excited about are the nail polish in one bag and the eye liner in the second bag.

Edited by mirandamanda

I think Ipsy knows of my plans to cancel -> I am getting the best bag I've ever gotten since subscribing in April 2014

• Like 1

Hmmmm.  I tried an experiment this month to see if a new subscription with a mostly blank quiz would yield better results.  It did get me the nail polish that I was hoping for, but the rest is just eh.  I'm getting:

Bag 1:

Hikari Lip Gloss

Lord & Berry Nub

Pencil Me In Eyeliner

Jessie's Girl Eye Primer

Batiste Dry Shampoo

Bag 2:

Hirari Lip Gloss

Pencil me in Eyeliner

Skone Eye/Lip  Liner

Marsk Brush

Marc Anthony Morocco Oil

Bag 3 (Don't judge lol):

Trust Fund Nail Polish

Hikari Lip Gloss

Starlooks Eyeliner Pen

Lather Face Wash

Briogeo Volumizer

I am glad there is a nice selection between the bags,  Other than a repeat of the Pencil Me In eyeliner and all of them getting the Hikari, there are no other dupes.

I think Ipsy knows of my plans to cancel -> I am getting the best bag I've ever gotten since subscribing in April 2014

Me too!!! I'm staying for september. 

post-115865-0-44277200-1438775226_thumb.png

• Like 1

I cleared my profile last month to say I only wanted nail polish.

What did I not get this month? NAIL POLISH.

SO GLAD I canceled Ipsy after this month.  Good riddance.

Edited by button6004

Another sucky bag, I don't mean to sound like a whiny little child but it is a sucky bag. I have fine hair that needs volume. But do I get dry shampoo ever...no. I could just buy it myself but it should be in my bag. And It' so weird because my sister and I have the same settings, yet month after month she gets the bag that everyone (including me) wants. end rant.

post-118463-0-44863000-1438781894_thumb.jpg

This is my first Ipsy bag, and I'm happy with the items in it =) Everything in it is something that I'd use and I love that they took my profile into account (as I've seen on here that they don't always do so). 

post-116420-0-37955700-1438782273_thumb.png

I'm getting the worse bag.

I have marked I don't like nail polish or lipgloss, and that I don't want moisturizer or eyeliner. 

and this is what I'm getting:

post-101404-0-94862200-1438783433_thumb.png

Edited by v0ltagekid
  • Like 1

We should all start an Ipsy support group. "Yeah you got an orange lip liner this month but look on the bright side, you can use it for Halloween to draw pumpkins on your kids faces lol."

• Like 2

I got all the items I liked out of the spoilers. Trust Fund purple nail polish, Hikari gloss, dry shampoo, Oz mask and starlooks eyeliner. 

• Like 5

I got my spoiler.

Hmm, I can put up an attachment but I don't know how to just have it be an image.

post-93138-0-13182900-1438787193.png

• Starlooks Luxe Longwear Eye Liner Pen

• OFRA Comsetics Lip Liner in Wine

• JUARA Skincare Turmeric Antioxidant Radiance Facial Mask

• Marc Anthony Nourishing Argan Oil of Morocco Oil Treatment

• tarte deluxe LipSurgence™ skintuitive lip gloss in energy

Edited by Bizgirlva
  • Like 1

Wow, that last post was a mess.  Sorry, I don't know how to fix it.

I can fix it for you if you want? I'm getting the same bag so I'll insert my bag pic.

• Like 2