DESPERATELY NEED HELP IN STRENGTHENING MY DAMAGED HAIR

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I really need your help...   
I am a male with short hair, and i would like to grow my hair longer (because short hair doesn't really suit me).
The only problem is that my hair must be really SENSITIVE, because it dries up and and gets damaged very easily and always has dead ends and looks really damaged whenever I try to grow it long - which results in me having to cut it short again
It's really weird, I can have really good strong healthy looking hair one day, and the next morning when I wake up it's dry & damaged (it just doesn't make sense to me)
I have read up heaps online about ways to protect your hair & prevent it from getting damaged - I only wash my hair once or twice max per week, and i never brush my hair while it is wet to prevent damage... but still it is dry & damaged

I have tried heaps of stuff like deep conditioner treatments, oil treatments and every natural remedy that you can think of - coconut oil, olive oil, avocado, honey, aloe vera, onion, egg, mayonnaise etc... but nothing really seems to help
Can anyone suggest any treatment or any good deep conditioners that they have tried and actually works for them with actual results??? (keep in mind i have already tried many different ones with limited results)

I really appreciate any help or suggestions, because I really want to be able to grown my hair long and be able to slick it back like all the other guys are doing atm.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you tried hair care lines made especially for men? Redken is an excellent brand and they have shampoos and conditioner made for men. They might have a product that might help you with keeping your ends in shape. When you are washing your hair, you want to make sure you use a conditioner every time on the ends if they tend to be dry. Commercial conditioners are many times very effective even more than the natural ones because of the ingredients used. Here is a link to the Redken line http://www.redken.com/redken-for-men/

I think if all those remedies you've listed didn't help you should try something to cure this from the inside. Maybe some calcium...

You might want to try using a co-wash instead of shampoo. Co-wash means basically washing your hair with conditioner, but they do make actual co-wash. I'm currently using one by Shea Moisture, it's available at Target. Co-washing is targeted toward people with very curly hair because curly hair is drier than straight hair, but it would benefit anyone with dry brittle hair.

Traditional shampoo that lathers strips hair of natural oils and makes it dry and brittle. Since I switched to co-washing, my hair is so soft, it doesn't break like it used to or make a crunching sound hen I squeeze the curls.

That super expensive Wen hair care line is really just a co-wash marketed for Caucasian hair. You don't have to spend a small fortune when there are other products that do the same thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
tss52yahoo

Read one more.  My son has shoulder length hair, lives in Australia and is a marine biologist. Hair was a mess damaged by saltwater, sun etc., etc. I got Pro Naturals Hair Repair System last December and told him to use the same. 1st he got his ends trimmed then followed the regime. He says that now his hair is back to what it used to be like in the UK. Check it out for yourself.

I still have an issue with trying to grow the back of my hair, I to tried so many different shampoos, conditioners, eggs, oils, coconut oils. mayo etc. I am also taking 50,000 vit d found out my d levels are very low. My hair is so dry frizzy long and short and half curly and wavy Ugh i hate my hair. 

Back