Birchbox Monthly Standouts 2015

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I'm new on MUT (well. Kind of. I lurked a lot.) and posted a similar question on the Ipsy forum, but: what have been your favorite products you've received each month from Birchbox? I've only been a subscriber since April, but here are mine so far this year:

April - Jane Iredale lip & cheek stain

May - Vasnanti Brighten Up!

June - Klorane mango shamppo/conditioner

July - Macadamia leave-in conditioning mist

And from the curated boxes I've bought separately/in addition to my monthly:

June - Davines SU body wash

July - theBalm Balm Desert blush/bronzer

I love hearing about what other people have receieved and loved, so throw some favorites out there!

July last year- my first box came with Caudelie Divine oil. I thought this was the best smelling thing ever

June- Staniac my pys

Sept- Atelier vanille incensee, davines oi shampoo and conditioner

Oct- suki and tocca

Nov- cuppa apothecary mask

Dec- rusk texture spray

Jan- when sheet mask

Feb- not soap, radio- stuff cupid dips his arrows in

March- cargo blush

It's been kind of downhill since March. Too much Harvey Prince stuff and supergoop lately, It's like having the Easter Bunny think you like licorice when you hate it. 

great thread!

jan - Essential Elements Wake Up Rosemary Body Lotion
feb -Fekkai Blowout Hair Refresher Dry Shampoo & Not Soap, Radio Body Wash in The Stuff that Cupid dips his arrows in
march - amika Bombshell Blowout Spray
april - Liz Earle Eyebright
may - Vasanti BrightenUp! (only because the rest of the bag was crapastic)
june - Skyn Iceland Eye Gels
july - amika Un.Done Texture Spray &  Macadamia Professional Weightless Moisture Leave-In Conditioning Mist

BB can send me all of the amika products, please.

February- RUSK texture spray

March- Cynthia Rowley lip stain in sugar

April- Whish blueberry shave crave

May- nothing

June- nothing

July- Supergoop cc cream

Hands down, best ever product for me is the Youngblood loose powder. They sent a teeny tiny itty bitty container and I was so disappointed until I tried it and I've gone through two of the full sized pots (pots? tubs?) because I love it so much. The itty bitty sample lasted a week, its been like magic on my face. Other than that, hmm, so far this year I liked the Marcelle eye makeup remover from February, Smashbox primer water from May, Dr Jart Micro Water from June and the COOLA setting spray from this month.

I've been a subscriber for about 3.5 years now. I definitely like the majority of products that I've received, and after 3+ years there have been quite a few products ! (Over 210 at this point.)  With that in mind, I've become picky about what truly stands out and makes me buy the full-sized version to keep using.

Best:

Dr.Jart + Black Label Detox BB Beauty Balm

Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish Hot Cloth

Number 4 Line of Haircare (so expensive, therefore I have not purchased full-sized, but they are great)

LAQA Fat Lip Pencils (I think I've purchased pretty much every color by now)

ModelCo Party Proof Lipstick (Kitty is a great neutral for me)

Caudalie Divine Oil

Biggest Flops:

W3LL People Expressionist Mascara

Acure Organics Lip Lush

Shea Terra Organics Rose Hips Black Soap Cleanser

pretty much the entire Davines line of hair products

Whish Shaving Cream

I'm really happy that Birchbox is getting some awesome mainstream brands now (yea Bumble & Bumble!, St.Tropez tanning!, Stila!). My biggest peeve is when I get "hotel" brands, like Gilchrist & Soames, Bee Kind, Perlier, Keims, etc.

July - theBalm Desert blush/bronzer

June - Coola SPF Mango & brown L. Erickson Pony Tail (I wear this everyday)

May - Beautyblender (promo code)

April - Liz Earle Eyebright

March - Dear Clack Volumizing Tonic

February - theBalm lip gloss

Latest posts

Back