BareMinerals Mystery Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought about this because I have really been wanting to try some makeup from bareminerals, but I had heard that the previous boxes weren't impressive. I will probably regret not getting it, but I hope the box is good for those that got it!

I'm so on the fence about this. I mean they will likely send their terrible terrible mascara, but.....they could send their wonderful wonderful lipstick.

I just don't know.

I got one of these awhile back and it was primarily discontinued product. The next mystery box that came out had the same issue. So I'm thinking this is just their way of getting rid of old stock.

One was enough for me. It's definitely a good deal.

I finally rec'd mine.  I've never bought Bare Minerals, so it's all new and fun to me.  But, any way you look at it it's a real bargain.

I got: (They are all full size)

Big and Bright eyeliner-charcoal

Big and Bright eyeliner-plum

Marvelous Moxie lip gloss-DareDevil (a blackberry color)

Powder eye shadow-Mocha Express

Concealer-Summer Bisque

Mineral Veil-Original

PrimeTime primer

Featherlight face brush

Soft Focus face brush

Hydrate & Brighten face brush

Black patent makeup bag 

I'm very happy with this and will buy the next one they offer.  I didn't calculate the value, but it's way beyond the $35 cost...

That sounds like an awesome box, especially for the value. I'll definitely need to keep my eye on this one if the next one is released. Congrats on such an awesome box!!

USPS delivered today!!

The free samples I received are sample size. The bareMinerals Lash Domination Volumizing Mascara (in black) has a wand type I have never tried before, and look forward to trying tomorrow. The Active Cell Renewal Night Serum has one or two uses in it. I'm not sure what to think of it, but I know two nights use won't give me any definitive results, unless there is an adverse reaction.

Now for the meat and potatoes!

Black Patent Leather bag - This bag is a decent size. All the product I recieved fit easily inside, even in their packaging.

Mineral Veil® Finishing Powder in Original - The website says this has a SPF 25 rating. I'm happy to get this. I've been out of loose setting powder since the purge, and have been missing it greatly.

Concealer Broad Spectrum SPF 20 in Summer Bisque[SIZE=11pt] - I've never tried a powder concealer before, and am looking froward to doing so.  The color they list for medium skin tones, so this might be too [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6666669845581px]dark[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] for me. We will see.[/SIZE]

Eyecolor in Nightfall full size - This is a shimmering Dark Brown. I have a Clinique shade that, at first glance, looks to be the same shade and color. However, with this being a loose powder, would it be easier to use for lining and detail? I think I need to swatch the two side by side to see how they look.

Marvelous Moxie™ Lipgloss in Dare Devil  - Finally, not a pink! This is a sparkling blackberry shade.

Great, now I'm thirsty.

Big & Bright Eyeliner, one in Plum and one in Charcoal - Colors I already have in my collection.   I think the Plum might be a darker purple that I already have. Looking forward to how they apply and how long they last.

Prime Time™ Neutralizing Foundation Primer full size - Face primers are new to me. In fact the only one I've tried is Smashbox and that is a sample size. I am definitely up for trying this one!

5-in-1 BB Advanced Performance Cream Eyeshadow Broad Spectrum SPF 15 [SIZE=11pt]in Blushing Apricot full size - According to the web site this  is a primer and [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6666669845581px]eye shadow[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]. The color itself is a neutral flesh color and I think I can use it as a eye primer.[/SIZE]

Feather Light Brush - I've never had a brush like this before. I'm not sure how to use it, or what to use it with. Time to research.

Soft Focus Face Brush - My powder brush is old, so old I forget how long I've had it; 5 years, 10 years, who knows. It has been holding up well, but is starting to show its age when I clean it. Looks like I have its replacement ready to go!

Monetary value wise, the full size products alone cost more than what I paid for this box. Personal value TBD; I haven't worn any of it yet!

The last mystery box looked like a good one. I'm passing on this one though because I have too much makeup.

Latest posts

Back