"Zen" subscription boxes?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I like the idea of a box that focuses on peace, and calm. I think I've gotten overwhelmed by makeup for a while, although a little makeup/skincare thrown in wouldn't be a bad thing if it's low-toxic "green" kind of things. I was trying to look at The Cosmic Box, Mindfulness Box, Calm Box, Sapphire Soul, Kloverbox, Yogi Box, etc. but I didn't know if people had suggestions or experience with these or others.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like Kloverbox. The curation is great and the products are usually good. My other favorite is Yuzen box. The packaging is beautiful and the products are great as well.  I haven't tried the others listed though. Hopefully someone else knows more about them.

If you're looking to totally get away from beauty products, I highly recommend Mindfulness Box.

The monetary value is about what you pay for the box, but the monthly reminder to stop and be mindful is invaluable to me.  I've used everything in each box.

Calmbox looks interesting but they are brand new, so I'm waiting to see how well they handle their first 6 months.

I've gotten a couple of Yogi Surprise special boxes, not the monthly, and those have also been very good, and very good values.

I've never heard of Cosmic and I think Saphire is way overpriced for what I've seen on review blogs.

Hope that helps.

Calmbox and Buddhibox seem great for what you're looking for if it's a box to soothe the mind. That kind of box seems to be a little more on the expensive side with less of a value but the last Buddhibox was worth a fortune thanks to their $50 bag of matcha.

Kloverbox is one of my absolute favorites when it comes to organic/natural/ecofriendly type subs. They tend to send a pretty well-rounded box. This last one was a lot of skincare but most of them have a little bit of everything for you and your home.

I agree, Yuzen box is nicely packaged.  My first box (spring 2015) was awesome but the summer was a bit of a let down.  They just released contents of the fall 2015 box that will be shipping to subscribers this week and it's pretty nice. . .full of products to pamper yourself and indulge in a spa like experience.  

Thank you. I had forgotten about Yuzen. I think because they're quarterly they tend to slip off my radar. I will have to go check the fall spoiler thread.

I am keeping my eye out for Calmbox reviews, and I'll go look at Buddhi Box and Yogi Surprise a little closer. I do think that Mindfulness Box looks good, but the value seems to vary. I like that they include "activities" to encourage meditation and I like the spiritual objects they've included (I'm more into having crystals around my home than I am into wearing mala jewelry or that sort of thing).

I had seen one review for The Cosmic Box here. That's how I learned about it. She had Mindfulness Box reviews there too but not the others.

I like Kloverbox too as a concept, I just am feeling pretty overwhelmed by all the skincare/makeup that I have right now from sub boxes. I'm trying to work through my stash before subbing for too much more.

Agreed with @@Saffyra - LOVE SapphireSoul.   They have a lot of options so it can be kind of confusing to subscribe, but it's definitely worth checking out.

Another one I like that I found via SapphireSoul is Plum Deluxe Tea.  It's less a box and more of a monthly envelope, but the themed teas come with encouraging messages to slow down for gratitude and thoughtfulness.  I've even made some good Facebook friends from the club.   I share a sub with my mom, who doesn't even like tea but is enjoying it (and now I know what to get for her Christmas gift).

Back