looking for a powder foundation.. suggestions?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So for reference, I have oily-combination acne prone skin. I have lots of acne scarring from previous breakouts. I am an NC30/35.

I hate the feeling of liquid foundation on my skin, I even hate wearing bb creams or tinted moisturizers. I hate the sticky feeling and it feels very heavy and just ends up as an oily mess.

I am looking powder foundation to put on top of my concealer (I wear the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in Custard) that will

-feel light or weightless on the skin

-sheer-light coverage (I'm not looking for too much, I'd rather have it look natural than have full coverage)

- yellow or neutral toned 

-somewhat long wearing

-looks natural

-will keep shine at bay

-IS PRESSED, I travel too much for a loose powder!

suggestions are appreciated thank you:)

I tried a sample of the Cocoa Powder foundation from Too Faced and I really liked it. The coverage was great and it didn't feel heavy. My other favorite powder foundation is Dior diorskin forever. It has great coverage yet it doesn't feel or look heavy. I used to wear Jane Iredale pressed powder foundation and it really worked well as well. I found it to be long lasting and the coverage was great. I liked it that it was mineral makeup and it was pressed. Hope this helps and hope others have recommendations for you too. my skin is combo sometimes more oily as well although ever since I incorporated Korean skin care in my regimen my skin has totally changed for the better.

I use Avon Mineral Powder Foundation and I really like it, it is loose powder but it is in a compact tub.

They do sell pressed powders too but I haven't tried them myself

I have used Too Faced and Sephora pressed powders and I like them both. My friend swears by bare minerals though and she has oily prone skin.

Back