That's it; I'm done

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey, are y'all tired of my complaining about SquareHue?  I haven't gotten a box in months but wanted to wait and see what the 1970s Decade Collection brought.  Sigh... the 1970s, my favorite decade, so many possibilities.

And what did subscribers get?  Another plain white creme.  And ANOTHER blue shimmer.  OK, I'll admit the holo glitter polish looked really cool but one out of three doesn't do it for me.  So as of today, I'm quitting.  Bye, SquareHue, it was fun for a year or two!

SISTA.  :smilehappyyes:

I saw the collection on instagram and I agree with you. I'm reserving my judgment on the silver until I see a shot from one of the better nail swatchers out there because it's hard to picture it based on the swatch cards/bottle images. I don't get these choices! There are so many better ways to do the 70s than this. (And that's leaving out the obvious goldenrod/avocado/pumpkin, the color scheme of my mom's 70s kitchen.)

Considering SqH has already done goldenrod and avocado/lime green to death, there were still a lot of fun things they could have done.  Instead of yet another royal blue shimmer, how about a dark teal shimmer?  How about three holos?  Oh well, perma quit and unsubscribed to all emails.  It feels liberating, actually.

I googled Square Hue yesterday to see if there were photos of July's box on the interwebz yet. As my kids say "Stick a fork in me; I'm done." I totally agree with SilverNail -- The 70s are my favorite decade as well. Started with folk, moved to Woodstock, then acid rock. Ended with disco and progressive ("prog") rock and that's just the music. Politics, science, medicine -- a whole host of options and what do they pick? A medium blue glitter for Watergate, a holo topper for Night Fever (disco) and a what-on-earth-were-they-thinking white creme for iPolish? Year of reference is 1976. Hmmm... I feel there was something happening in 1976, but I just can't put my finger on it. OH YEAH! The Bicentennial!! They make an Apple reference in the right year (seriously. you have to be a major geek to know this. i resemble that remark.) but it was the wrong computer. 

I'm at the point where I just need to quit. When I'm complaining about historical inaccuracies for a nail polish, it's time for me to go home. I wanted these guys to be better. From articles/links that were posted last month it seems that they looked a nail polish as an upward trend and figured they could get money for their project. Cool idea, but they didn't do enough research into Nail Polish world. And they need a better R&D person.

Ladies, I'm going to miss all of you, but I'm not going to miss SquareHue. I lied. I'm still missing what they could have become. Great idea. Poor execution.

Hariette

PS - SilverNail -- a gorgeous holo (if you don't have one already) is My Voice is a Little Norse from last Fall's OPI Nordic Collection. 

YES! THANK YOU!! As a nail polish fanatic who also has a history degree, squarehue is driving me up the wall with their questionable choices. I wasn't even born until 1982, and even I remember what those remnants of the 70's looked and felt like (LOTS of golden autumnal tones, lots of natural accents.) BUT NO. These colors scream 00's futuristic minimalism. IPolish??? Seriously??? Apple wasn't a big deal until the mid 80's, and even then it was BEIGE, and later on it was Mac this and Mac that; no IAnything until twelve or so years ago. I'm waiting to see how they mess up the 90's, my favorite decade, and then I'm gone. Sigh.

Latest posts

Back