Best longwear lipstick?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm going out today with my fiance, and out first stop is Target where I hope to get some new lipstick in a color I don't have, and maybe a formula I haven't tried. I want a long wear lipstick that'll last through a movie, dinner, and our engagement photo shoot...so something pretty heavy duty. Suggestions?

I'm going out today with my fiance, and out first stop is Target where I hope to get some new lipstick in a color I don't have, and maybe a formula I haven't tried. I want a long wear lipstick that'll last through a movie, dinner, and our engagement photo shoot...so something pretty heavy duty. Suggestions?
Hi..

Many products are available in the market, my suggestion is Ultimate Pro Longwear Lipstick is best for long wear.

Sorry this response comes little late @@KeepOnSingin   What did you end up getting? I keep seeing the L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Last lipcolor being advertised everywhere as having coverage for 24 hours. Hope others have suggestions for you too for your next trip. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20"> I was avoiding the cosmetics isles on my recent trip to Target since I'm on no buy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope you get recommendations before your trip. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20"> I'd love to go and roam the isles but I'm avoiding Target these days. I'm awake early too to get some peace with my coffee before the kids get up. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20">

I tend to get dry lips through the day and I find that lipsticks that boast long lasting colour tend to dye the dry parts of my lips and it still wears of the rest, occasionally I have been asked if my lips were cut - very embaressing!!

Is there no way you could re-apply through the day?

I have 2 GOSH lipsticks one 'Scarlet' and one 'Mat Antique' and these do last well but I would still need to touch them up after eating.

I hope you find what is best for you and it all goes well!

My main thing is I want something transfer resistant so when I kiss my fiance in our shoot I don't leave bright lipstick prints on him!

i find that layering helps longevity of lipsticks... So colour your lips with a lip pencil, then apply a light layer of lipstick - dab it onto your lips and rub it in, and blot - then apply your full final layer. You'll get more wear out of any lipstick

(link removed)

Last edited by a moderator:
My main thing is I want something transfer resistant so when I kiss my fiance in our shoot I don't leave bright lipstick prints on him!
I would go with a liquid like a Kat von D and blotting any excess liquid off after applying and letting it dry.

You could also go with a matte lipstick and do the same (letting it dry, blotting) with a layer of translucent powder on top.

I'm late,  but for the future:

I really like the Revlon just bitten stain balms. You can layer for more color, but they stain your lips all day and barely transfer any color. Especially after they dry down. I wear them for 10 or 12 hours and the color is nearly as bold as it was when I first applied it, with no reapplication.

I've seen really good reviews of the ColourPop liquid lipsticks on YouTube.  Do not get the Too Faced Melted Lipsticks.  They do not dry on me no matter how much I blot.  They transfer everywhere.  I love the Stila Stay-All-Day liquid lipsticks.  They do have absolutely zero transfer once they are dry, but they make my lips look dry as the Grand Canyon if I don't exfoliate regularly and alwaysalwaysalways use lipbalm.  

Latest posts

Back