Overseas travel - Universal Voltage Flat Iron

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I just pre-ordered the new GHD Platinum after my T3 bit the dust after ~5years of service. I have a question about international travel with universal voltage stylers.

I'm super excited for this styler because of its universal voltage feature. I'm going to Iceland this fall and have family in Europe. I was planning on buying a cheap flat iron in Iceland specifically for that vacation + future travels, rather than bringing my (now deceased) T3 and a step down/voltage converter because I know that's a recipe for disaster! (Too much trial and error!  :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />)

But since this new GHD styler is universal, I don't need to go that route! I'm wondering, have any of you traveled with a universal voltage flat iron? What kind of plug converter did you use with it? Will any old one off Amazon do? I'm in the US, so looking for details on products with US plugs used overseas.

TIA!

Hi! How exciting that you are going to be going to Iceland! When I went to Finland last time, I just used a regular converter plug and it worked well. It was a set that came with all kinds of ends because I couldn't remember what type of ends they use in Finland. I just checked and Target has a set like that. I didn't use the exact set but it was similar to the one at Target. Here is a link to the set http://www.target.com/p/travel-smart-2-outlet-converter-set-with-usp-port/-/A-16346752#prodSlot=medium_1_7&term=converter+plug

Last edited by a moderator:
Back