Ellada Lane - Greek Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
There was a mentioning of this box in the Ouiplease thread so I'm opening a new thread dedicated to this box. The box looks similar to Ouiplease as people mentioned in the Ouiplease thread. According to the company rep who posted in the Ouiplease thread, which was later removed because it's against our terms of service, this company is independent and separate from Ouiplease. Ellada Lane is based in Europe, having offices in Germany and the UK. They ship worldwide and the box comes out every other month featuring products from Greece.

http://elladalane.com/

Is anyone going to give this a shot? I'm considering it out of sheer curiosity! 

According to their instagram, here's a deal:

Boxes ship last week of September. Limited Edition. 20% Off Till The 17th of August. Use Coupon 'giasou' at checkout: http://elladalane.com

I'm not sure though... it is a high price point. I would never have wanted Decoterie's first box at that price point (even with discount), but on the flip side, the first Oui Please was great. We know virtually NOTHING about this box yet.  It's a very high price to have no background. If they offer the 20% discount after we get more info (even if it's a brief window) then I may consider it. Right now, it just sounds overpriced. But again, no info to go on that would prove it's work the high price. will wait and see... 

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow no this one I will definitely pass on, that price point is not something I am willing to pay. I look forward to seeing pictures and reviews from those that do get it though, hopefully it will be a good subscription.

There's not enough info to make me sign up, but I'm curious about this one. I confess I know very little about modern Greece, so I'm not sure what to expect. 

I've been to Santorini. The price of this is really high (even w/ 20% discount) especially for what is going on there right now.  From what I see with the packaging, it isn't even close to par on the Oui Please level. They have amazing packaging and lower cost. 

hmm, pottery, olive oil, greek coffee, dried fruits, linen goods, glassware, jewelry (like the evil eye stuff - personally, would love to see replicas of ancient greek jewelry)

I'm so undecided - it's always a risk with a new box, but sometimes they go above and beyond for the first.When asked for a spoiler on Instagram:

• elladalaneSoon we will take you with us to some beatiful places. We might namedrop and tease some brands. The Rest is a suprise

I'm so undecided - it's always a risk with a new box, but sometimes they go above and beyond for the first.When asked for a spoiler on Instagram:

• elladalaneSoon we will take you with us to some beatiful places. We might namedrop and tease some brands. The Rest is a suprise
At $169, it literally is one of the most expensive boxes. Nothing about these 2 guys running this tells me they know anything about curation that I can tell so far.  And if I use Decoterie as an example of someone who has an expensive box but had potential, it leads me to say no. What is driving such a high price point? 

At $169, it literally is one of the most expensive boxes. Nothing about these 2 guys running this tells me they know anything about curation that I can tell so far.  And if I use Decoterie as an example of someone who has an expensive box but had potential, it leads me to say no. What is driving such a high price point? 
who are these people who are making this box.  This all seems so random. Decoterie was a young girl and her friends. ( college and just post college).  I have no clue who these people are. I think taking the jump risky. I did buy the first decoterie and cancelled. I purschased it because I messaged the owner and she was friendly to me

Apivita and Korres are known cosmetics brands from Greece.
I used to use Apivita a long time ago. It's a good brand. I really like Korres. It's a great brand too. Just recently I discovered Sponge skin care at Sephora. I bought the skin oil (way before my no buy :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20"> ) and that stuff is great. I think it was a limited edition at least at Sephora, because I just checked and they don't have it online anymore. Sponge is a Greek skin care brand also but more expensive than Apivita or Korres.

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to use Apivita a long time ago. It's a good brand. I really like Korres. It's a great brand too. Just recently I discovered Sponge skin care at Sephora. I bought the skin oil (way before my no buy :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> ) and that stuff is great. I think it was a limited edition at least at Sephora, because I just checked and they don't have it online anymore. Sponge is a Greek skin care brand also but more expensive than Apivita or Korres.
I also used a lot of Apivita when I still lived in Europe. I love their shampoos and hair care. Never heard of Sponge though, I must check it, especially that I buy a lot from Sephora.

I am guessing we can expect those brands in this box :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> But I will not subscribe, it's expensive and I already have to cut amount of boxes I am getting!

Latest posts

Back