Can you use a protein filler if you already use protein shampoo?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A little over a month ago I had box dyed black hair. I had a color correction done. My hair wouldn't hold the brown semi dye and my hair was brassy and orange, so I took it upon myself to dye it with a permanent color. I used a protein filler and the color held on for about a couple weeks now. Went on vacation swam in salt water and chlorine for one whole day and now the brass is back! I had used aphogee's 2 min keratin treatment before vacation with their gentle protein shampoo. I am going to be using the protein shampoo every other week and my Moroccan Oil deep conditioner every week. My question is since I will be using  a protein shampoo every other week will my hair be okay to use a protein filler the next time I go to dye it in about a month. I will still be using the protein shampoo until then.

a little theory  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
When you color your hair, you’re not just depositing color on top of your strands. The cuticle shingles actually open up to receive the color and let the chemical-agents do their thing. If you don’t close them back up tight after your coloring, your hair can get damaged.

So, you can recolor your hair and apply the protein shampoo before coloring. That way to keep your color-treated hair shiny, healthy, and strong

xx

Latest posts

Back