Bleached my Hair.. Why

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So after talking to my boyfriend, who talked me up to it, I decided that it would be a wonderful idea to bleach my dark brown almost black, thick hair to a platinum blonde. I kind of got stuck to the idea. However I messed up. Buying two L'Oreal ash blonde boxes, I thought it would the trick, however it literally did nothing. Then I bought two boxes of Splat lightning bleach. Now my hair is a mixture of light brown, blonde and orange.. Oh lord. Now I'm stuck, I'm not sure if I should try bleaching it again with Splat, or buying a Platinum hair dye, because I'm not sure if either would do the trick. I slightly regret dying my hair but I needed a drastic change. And I was bored. So any ideas, advice, tips, would be amazing!! Thank you.

So after talking to my boyfriend, who talked me up to it, I decided that it would be a wonderful idea to bleach my dark brown almost black, thick hair to a platinum blonde. I kind of got stuck to the idea. However I messed up. Buying two L'Oreal ash blonde boxes, I thought it would the trick, however it literally did nothing. Then I bought two boxes of Splat lightning bleach. Now my hair is a mixture of light brown, blonde and orange.. Oh lord. Now I'm stuck, I'm not sure if I should try bleaching it again with Splat, or buying a Platinum hair dye, because I'm not sure if either would do the trick. I slightly regret dying my hair but I needed a drastic change. And I was bored. So any ideas, advice, tips, would be amazing!! Thank you.
Sorry, things did not go as planned.

If you are into rainbow hair color trend, there are good temporary or permanent colors that work great on bleached hair. I recommend Punky Colour or Manic Panic (you can find both at Ulta). 

I would definitely not recommend bleaching your hair again, it would damage your hair badly. If you still want a nice blonde color, maybe it's better to see a professional colorist.

Don't forget to apply nourishing rinse out hair masks a few times a week to help your hair regain the lost moisture.

Good luck.

Sorry, things did not go as planned.

If you are into rainbow hair color trend, there are good temporary or permanent colors that work great on bleached hair. I recommend Punky Colour or Manic Panic (you can find both at Ulta). 

I would definitely not recommend bleaching your hair again, it would damage your hair badly. If you still want a nice blonde color, maybe it's better to see a professional colorist.

Don't forget to apply nourishing rinse out hair masks a few times a week to help your hair regain the lost moisture.

Good luck.
I second this advice. I did the same thing when I was younger and I'm pretty sure I just ended up dying it brown again.

Back