September 1, 2015 - 30 Day No Buy Challenge

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone doing a no buy for September? I'm doing a modified no buy since it's my bday month. I'm doing one Sephora order and one Birchbox order and that's it. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20">

I think I will try for a NO-BUY September.  So many goodies coming out this month.  But I have enough boxes coming in.  Making a wish list for what all new I see.  I'm in.  No modification for me.

I can do, without any effort, I just have everything I need :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

real no buy, no boxes, no shopping, no thrifting, no exchanges, no presents

To make it clear, no bragging, I really have enough cosmetics for this month. I may need some waxing stripes in October, but if the weather is cold, I am keeping my fur :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

What do I have in full size

- at least 6 shampoos

- 2 hair masks

- hair conditionner

- 3 bottles of body milk

- 5 face creams

- 3 face washes

- 2 face toners

- 2 face exfoliants 

- 2 serums

- 2 eye creams

- huge box of soap

Make up

- 4 face compacts

- 3 bb creams

- 5 or more blushes

- some eyeshadows I do not use

- some nail polish I rarely use

All sorts of bits and pieces :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:
I just cleaned out all my deluxe and mini samples to take to work tomorrow and I am about to sell some of my larger items from my collection that has not been used and some jewelry that is not for me. On top of no buy, I am trying not to have a potty mouth and not be so snarky for the month. It is going to be a long month. But I normally have no will power but I am going to make it work.

Didn't you do a no-buy last month @@Reija? I do not think I could ever do a no-buy, and two months of it I certainly could not do! Good luck for everyone this month though!
@@Queennie yes I did the no buy last month. I was so difficult but worth it. Couldn't have done it alone though. It was great doing it on here with the help of others. Thank you all who joined. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20">

It was really hard putting things on a wish list instead of buying but I ended up liking it at the end. It's not like I need anything with an exception of items that run out like shampoo and conditioner which I'm going to order from Birchbox.

I'll join in again, only replacing something if I run completely out of it.

And I really want some new eyeliners.
Can you replace an eyeliner by a eye pencil if you have one? Or trace a line with a dark shadow?

It was really hard putting things on a wish list instead of buying but I ended up liking it at the end. It's not like I need anything with an exception of items that run out like shampoo and conditioner which I'm going to order from Birchbox.
do you have samples of any shampoo and conditionner? I know it is a rubbish advice, but can you use them instead of buying something? 

do you have samples of any shampoo and conditionner? I know it is a rubbish advice, but can you use them instead of buying something? 
Good question. I have used the samples I have and I've found that my hair doesn't do well with samples and trying new products. I better stick with the ones I know. Luckily I have time still and don't need to order more yet.

I'm in. Best to do a no-buy now, cause there's no way I'll be able to do it wen the holiday collections come out. Unless they do come out in September, then I'm out. LOL

Yesterday I bought a new shampoo (even though I have about 8 other shampoos) and one of those make-up remover cloth thingies that are all over youtube. But I should be good for the rest of the month. I'm also cutting down on sub boxes. 

I wish I could do it but I know I can't this month.  Planning to indulge in both the Barneys and SpaceNK bag events.  And then go on vacation.....

Good luck to everyone!

Well that didn't last long. I realized I was running low on serum, so I went to ebates and saw a 20% off code for Ulta. Decided since I was there, I wanted a replacement UD grindhouse, and a couple more glass nail files because I keep losing them. I needed $2 to qualify for free shipping, so I added a UD lipstick. That qualified me for the 7 piece lipstick sampler beauty break plus the Clarins lip perfector. Like I really need nine more lip products.

Epic fail.

Okay, back on no-buy starting Now!

Well that didn't last long. I realized I was running low on serum, so I went to ebates and saw a 20% off code for Ulta. Decided since I was there, I wanted a replacement UD grindhouse, and a couple more glass nail files because I keep losing them. I needed $2 to qualify for free shipping, so I added a UD lipstick. That qualified me for the 7 piece lipstick sampler beauty break plus the Clarins lip perfector. Like I really need nine more lip products.

Epic fail.

how funny you posted this because I just did a similar thing without being enabled by yours first since I didn't see your post until now looking at other things online. I was checking out Laura Mercier's website and saw that you get a GWP with $75 order. I figured I haven't ordered from them in ages and I was so good on no buy that I could consider this my early bday gift in addition to the sephora order yesterday. I clearly have problems. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who did this. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20">

I'm back to no buy for sure starting now!

Epic fail.

I got that same email for ULTA but I sent to the trash bin.   Then I realized that today was the release of Limited Lip Lab Color of the Month on Sephora for Bite Lipstick.  It was a nice warm fall red.  It ended up in my basket and purchased.  But other than that, I have done really good for September (haha only 2 days in).

Ιm definitely going to do it.I already started,went to the mall and didnt get anything.

It was tough!!!

Ιm definitely going to do it.I already started,went to the mall and didnt get anything.

It was tough!!!
to start it, you probably should avoid the mall :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hopefully in my town, there is only a small grocery store with no make up stall and I am a bit lazy to go shopping elsewhere. Well, to be honest, I do not fancy make-up a lot, I know my colours and only buy when I really need something.

Speaking about lip products, with short hair lipgloss is a nightmare. 

I recently tried to end one Dior Addict lipgloss and it took me 6 months on twice a day application basis. 

Today I just forgot the lipstick at all, having some spots on the chin, I just tried to not accentuate that zone with more pinkish colours. 

I would like to use more my eyeshadows, but apart one nude colour nothing seems to work well (with darker colours I have a heavy sight)

Latest posts

Back