Squarehue September 2015

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The 1980s collection is showing up on instagram.  I'll post swatches when I get mine (unless someone beats me to it - shipping to Canada can be hit or miss) but here's what's in the box:

- Vice 1984 High Gloss Creme (shocker!) looks like a medium-toned grey

- Sierra Sunset 1985 High Gloss Shimmer looks like a purple-burgundy type shade

- Deep Space 1988 High Gloss Shimmer looks like a deep brown

Serious side-eye here for completely missing the point of the 80s imo:  brights, neons, jellies (shoes, bracelets, etc.).  That said, I was a kid in the 80s so maybe my memories of the decade are a little different - and these are all fall-appropriate shades, I guess.  I need to see these in person before I decide what I'm doing next month.  The 90s is so my decade and I really want them to do justice to it. . . and I don't know if I can bear it if they mess it up huge :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thoughts?

Mine will come tomorrow. I've been trying to be surprised these last few months but I just peeked at Instagram too. Will hold off judgement until I see it in person. Look like good colors for fall. Not sure about a grey. The others look fun.

The brown shimmer and the "cherry" shimmer are pretty, but the grey is fugly and the whole collection says anything but 1980s.  Actually I think last month's 1970s collection looks way more '80s than this one.  1980s = bright white, bright teal blue, and screaming fuchsia pink.  I remember the decade very well.

So glad I quit SquareHue.......

100_1929.JPG100_1932.JPG

Box arrived yesterday so here are some pics.  Still disappointed :(  Personally, I really don't like Sierra Sunset - it's like it can't decide whether to be pink or orange. . . plus it's quite thin.  Deep Space is okay but I feel like I already have a surprising amount of brown polishes since it's not a colour I'd usually wear.  That said, it's nicer than the others I have.  I just wish it was navy or something like that instead.  And shockingly, I think I like the grey the best! The formula is good (wearing it right now) and it'll be a nice neutral base for nail art.  Still debating whether to get the 90s.  I might cancel and if it's great, email and beg for a box after the fact. . . not sure it's worth the risk of purchasing sight unseen.

LOL, just saw the October colors posted online and all three are barely different than September's.  The reds look the same, there's a slightly brownish light gray creme, and there's a very dark gray shimmer.  Honestly, when I saw the pictures I thought I was looking at September again and that people were posting the wrong month.  Amazing, and not in a good way!  Have they just stopped trying???

Yup the "gunmetal grey" looks so much like one of the colours from Prague last year.  The red shimmer looks virtually identical to the one from last month.  And the other is. . . well. . . "khaki" so not grey but pretty similar anyway (and I liked the grey much better with my colouring).  I was going to give them another shot but decided to skip and then beg for a box afterward if it was good. . . so not going to do that :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hi guys! I haven't posted in a long time, but thought I'd chime in with swatches to compare September and October boxes. Enjoy!

squarehue-october-2015-review-swatches-016-640x480.jpg

squarehue-october-2015-review-swatches-015-640x480.jpg

squarehue-october-2015-review-swatches-014-640x480.jpg

Enjoy!

Latest posts

Back