Cheaper alternative to Benefit's Dallas bronzer? Or DIY

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It has a greyish/plum sort of tone to it, and I'm very, very fair complected(really pale) with pink undertones. Most bronzers contain a lot of orange pigmentation and it just doesn't look good on me at all. Benefit's Dallas is suppose to look good on pale skin, but I likely can't dish out the $30 to pay for it right now, so I was wondering if anyone knew of a cheaper alternative?

I'm also curious about trying to DIY something together. I've seen a few different videos where women have used spices and their foundations or powders to create bronzers, but they always favor tan/sun kissed skin. I don't really know how I could get the pigment that Benefit created.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi! Looks like Covergirl sable might be a close match to Benefit's Dallas and it's way cheaper. I haven't personally tried it but it's worth checking out. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20"> You might find it at Walmart or Target. Here is a link to it on Ulta http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp;jsessionid=44D9EF1FFDF44EA478F25BD547160ADB?skuId=2108157&productId=xlsImpprod641131&navAction=push&navCount=0&categoryId=&title=Cheekers+Blush++-++Soft+Sable+120

I have heard that Benefit is going to stop producing Dallas too!! It is one of my favorite shades to use on the cheeks when i want one good shade of color for blush and bronzer! Dupes for this product is something that I certainly need to be on the lookout for now

I didn't know they were going to discontinue Dallas(that sounds like bad news for me :|). The blush that you linked, Reija, seems like it might be a bit too pink, but I did end up finding a small bronzer pallete with a color on it (by Covergirl) that could work(hopefully). I've tried quite a few different colors as a bronzer and haven't had much luck. Dallas looked like it was my best bet, but it's hard to dish out money like that for something I wouldn't use constantly.

Eeek! Dallas is one of my holy grail products, I just hit pan on mine. If it's going out I need a spare until I can find a good sub. I've never really worried about the price on it since it's pretty big and I get enough use out of it to justify it. 

I will be keeping an eye out here to get the lowdown on dupes. Drugstore products can be so tough since you don't have testers most of the time.

Ah I know @@jolibean, drugstores are so tough because there is no testers! And when they are, they are most likely just little plastic sheets of the brands foundation so you can color match, and most of the time don't really work too well! Or when you find a product, but realize that someone opened it up in the drugstore, no thanks!

Back