nicepenguins

Winter 2015 Box of Style: Spoilers!

I just realized I don't think I ever came here to talk about this box. I thought it was awesome. I think I'll use everything (lip crayon not as much) but it really felt like I kept opening things, which I love. I'm glad I had seen spoilers because I almost threw out the hairpin - I thought I had opened everything and then was like "wait, wasn't there something else?" I still haven't figured out how to use it other than with a bun. My hair is super fine and it won't stay in. But I love sparkly and I love hair stuff, so I'm happy to figure it out.

Random question, are we generally "supposed" to wear Bobby pins with the bumpy side facing our scalp? I've never done that before and I am curious as to whether that's just the particular design of this pin, or whether I've been using them all wrong!

Oh and related, I was looking through Instagram trying to get an idea of how people were styling the hair pin, and I came across a post from Lelet that said that BOS asked them to make 10,000 for the box. I wonder if that's their approximate subscriber base then? I am always curious about the behind the scenes sub box stuff, so I thought it was interesting!

• Like 2

The answer to your bobby pin question (and other life mysteries). Spoiler alert: bumpy side down! 2 links because I love this kind of thing :)

http://www.dailydot.com/lifestyle/10-things-youre-doing-wrong/

http://www.buzzfeed.com/peggy/22-things-youre-doing-wrong

Love it! I'm learning other things from those links too! Okay, now I'm going to be to bobby pinning correctly all over the place.

• Like 2

I gifted mine to my daughter-in-law for Christmas. :) She loved it. I'm happy to learn how to do this kind of stuff correctly though.

• Like 1

So, I have been using and enjoying everything in my box. After seeing the spoilers, I wasn't super jazzed about the box but tried to keep my doubt at bay until I got the box in my hands. I, like @@Miccarty2, have fine hair so things like hair pins and hair product like hair oil are not always the best for me. But I gave everything a go...

I like the Honest products. I've been using the crayon and the face wipes (which I had just run out of, tyvm). I like the smell of these products and I'm glad I got to try this brand out. I've worn the ring a couple times already and have gotten compliments. I'm sure I'll use the foot pads at some point.

What was totally unexpected for me was the hair oil. I love it. The oil is really light! I would consider purchasing this. I'm still on the fence about the hair masque. I think I have to use it sparingly. The first time I used it, I was a little too heavy handed and my hair did not look so great. I could not go a day without washing it.

I wanted to love that hair pin. It's so cute. One of my besties also got the box and was wearing it in a messy bun. I just can't pull it off and my hair is too fine to wear it the other ways I've seen. Soooo...... I snipped the bobby pin down and put that bad boy on a long chain and have worn it as a pendant. I still get to enjoy it, just in a different way :)

All in all, I am happy with this box and am glad I gave everything a chance. So far, I am loving the RZ box sub!

post-83291-0-42096100-1452123784.jpg

Edited by jbird1175
  • Like 9

That is so cool that you made a necklace out of the pin @@jbird1175! Thanks for posting! Looks awesome! I've been using the Honest wipes as well and don't mind them. First I had to get used to the herbal smell but they do their job so it's good. The lip crayon is not my color but have worn it a few times and it seems to work well.

• Like 1

I just have to tell SOMEONE about this!! I just won a $1500 Sam Edelman shopping spree from The Zoe Report!! They had a bunch of giveaways in December and I entered them all. 

This is the first time I've ever won anything even remotely like this! DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY PAIRS OF SHOES $1500 BUYS!?

Anyway, just one more reason for me to love Box of Style. If I wasn't subbed I never would have gotten the initial "hey, we're having giveaways" email.

<3

• Like 11

Oh my gosh, that is awesome!  Congratulations!!  (I entered all those contests too - so exciting to have one of us on MUT win!!)

• Like 5

THAT IS AMAZING!!!!! I entered all of those too, and I always tend to assume no one actually wins and I am spamming myself for no reason.  Good to know that these things really do work!  YAY SAFFYRA!!!

• Like 4

Thanks, everyone!

@@lauradiniwilk I'm totally with you! It's always a toss up... Is entering this giveaway worth getting spam emails?

I just figured what the heck and entered them all. Normally I don't bother because I figure my chances of winning anything are so slim that dealing with the spam isn't worth it. 

I may have to rethink that...

:D

• Like 4

Wow!  Thats so awesome.  Sam Edelman makes really lovely shoes too my fave boots are Sam Edelmans. Have fun shopping!! If I were you I d run out and buy a powerball ticket its your lucky week :)

• Like 3

Wow!  Thats so awesome.  Sam Edelman makes really lovely shoes too my fave boots are Sam Edelmans. Have fun shopping!! If I were you I d run out and buy a powerball ticket its your lucky week :)

I totally did!!!! I feel like I might have used up all my luck but it was worth a try ;)

I love his Felicia shoes, so I'm going to get a couple of those. Which boots do you love because I've been scoping them out, too. 

• Like 2

I totally did!!!! I feel like I might have used up all my luck but it was worth a try ;)

I love his Felicia shoes, so I'm going to get a couple of those. Which boots do you love because I've been scoping them out, too. 

Well it was worth a try right lol

My favorite boots of all time are the Penny boots they are lovely riding boots and come in a few different colors.  I also have a pair of heeled little sam edelman booties that have a cute fringe on the side they are super cute and fun to wear too (sorry can't remember the name). Good luck choosing let us know what you pick (need to live vicariously thru you lol)  Congrats again thats so fun!

Edited by Teach22
  • Like 2