October 2015 PopSugar Must Have Box *Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The inspiration is here.  I am intrigued, I must say.  Bring it! :)

Screen Shot 2015-09-10 at 10.32.56 AM.png

I was only going to subscribe for September but I think I will keep it for October for the breast cancer awareness as I lost an aunt and a grandma to the awful disease. And I have another aunt fighting it.

I'm glad to see this as a theme for October. I don't get this box anymore but might have to subscribe for this one.

Hm, interesting. The Breast Cancer Awareness and "restful nights" clues kind of worry me.

Not to sound insensitive, as this is coming from someone with survivors on both sides of the family, but I find that breast cancer awareness items can be easily be gaudy and cheap if they're not done right. Plus, some companies will rack up items at a high price tag yet won't donate a large portion of profits to the actual charity. PS sent out the Gorjana Griffin charity bracelet in Oct 13, (https://dtpmhvbsmffsz.cloudfront.net/posts/2015/07/02/559598b58ae33e45310046b7/s_559598b58ae33e45310046b8.jpg) which wasn't me, however I think 100% of the profits went to charity. But I could always gift the breast cancer item to a family member as well. Any ideas as to what it would be? Because I can only think that they would send jewelry again.

And as for restful nights, in May 14 they sent out a sleep mask (http://b1b.ramblingsofasubu.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/IMG_6925.jpg) that I don't think I even opened and don't know where it is now. So hopefully not a repeat of that. Anyone have ideas as to what this item could be too? Maybe like an aromatherapy pillow spray?

Hoping for some nice fall items to go in with these other two clues as well. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Restful nights could be anything in lavendar, which isn't my favorite, but can be nice.

Unfortunately, I think breast cancer has touched us all in one way or another so if part of the proceeds go to that I am good with it.  Even if it's just a bit it's better than nothing, but I see your point, emwdz.

Cozy and autumn are the words I am liking!

Last edited by a moderator:
In the October 2012 box PS sent OPI breast cancer nail polish which wasn't too tacky or overly gaudy (imo). I'm not a glitter polish gal but the small hearts also worked for Valentines day too.

http://musthave.popsugar.com/October-Must-Have-Box-Revealed-25625583

Oh I loved and wear that sleep mask from the past box every night. My boyfriend insists on keeping too many electronics in the bedroom and all combined together it's like a laser light show in there, I wear a sleep mask to block it all out and I'll nd wear it for lazy afternoon naps here and there.  It's funny I hear people mention (not here, but in other places that they're bored so they go shopping, go to the gym, go drinking/out with friends etc.) If I'm ever bored (which isn't too often) I nap.   

I am happy to see the breast cancer awareness this year I honestly don't even care what it is as long as the proceeds goes to the cause and brings awareness.  Bless all the people who have been affected by this illness or any form of cancer for that matter, what an awful disease.

In the October 2012 box PS sent OPI breast cancer nail polish which wasn't too tacky or overly gaudy (imo). I'm not a glitter polish gal but the small hearts also worked for Valentines day too.

http://musthave.popsugar.com/October-Must-Have-Box-Revealed-25625583

Oh I loved and wear that sleep mask from the past box every night. My boyfriend insists on keeping too many electronics in the bedroom and all combined together it's like a laser light show in there, I wear a sleep mask to block it all out and I'll nd wear it for lazy afternoon naps here and there.  It's funny I hear people mention (not here, but in other places that they're bored so they go shopping, go to the gym, go drinking/out with friends etc.) If I'm ever bored (which isn't too often) I nap.   
Oh yeah, forgot about that polish! Another breast cancer awareness themed beauty product could be really great.

Lol, I am a fellow napper... I just don't like things touching my face. The mask definitely wasn't a bad product to send in that box, as I figure a lot of people would use something like that, I just don't want them to repeat the same type of product.

Not a fan of the breast cancer "awareness" thing. Breast Cancer research is pretty much one of the most over funded ones. There is already PLENTY of "awareness" for it. If you want to help a cancer cause, try Lung Cancer. It kills more people than all others combined, and is the least funded.

Most of the companies pinkwash things and generally there is no reason to buy some bauble that is pink just so that 2 cents can go to a "cause". If you want to actually help something, stop buying things branded with a "cause" and just donate the actual money you would have spent on that item to a research foundation instead, or a hospital. 

I'm sure whatever the item is will be nice, but it's absolutely delusional to think that it will make any sort of difference in research when there is already plenty of money for that.

Any of those inspirations sound good to me...Breast Cancer Awareness themed items are usually on the gaudy side but work well as gifts to my daughters (4 and 6), plus I am never going to be upset about supporting any cause.  I would love some aromatherapy type items for restful nights or even another eye mask (maybe a little higher quality than the one we got last time).  I will repeat my desire for boot warmers as a cozy autumn item until PSMH finally listens to me, although they will probably be blue instead of a color I'd wear so I don't know why I bother, haha.

Last October's box was probably the only box in the past year I was not a fan of (I do use the picture frame and socks still, and I gifted the candle, but I definitely was not happy when I opened the box).  I'm hoping they will make up for those malt balls and the lack of snacks in recent history by giving us some amazing treats. 

Heads up if you're looking for coupon codes.

I had canceled my account after receiving my September box. I just resubscribed with one of the $10 off coupons from my own September box. The 2 coupons are good until Nov 30th so I might be able to do that again to get a November box. Hadn't seen as many coupon codes this year so this is a nice discount. 

Heads up if you're looking for coupon codes.

I had canceled my account after receiving my September box. I just resubscribed with one of the $10 off coupons from my own September box. The 2 coupons are good until Nov 30th so I might be able to do that again to get a November box. Hadn't seen as many coupon codes this year so this is a nice discount. 
Is it simple to cancel and then resubscribe with another code? Like, do you have to use a different email address to be able to put in another coupon code or anything along those lines?

I used my same account. I clicked to cancel. Got a cancelation email. A few days later I logged back in and entered the new discount code on my same old account. Make sure to uncheck the wait list checkbox when you renew.

Had to do the cancelation on my computer. No link for it from the iPhone.

Back