Have you ever been duped by counterfeit cosmetics?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
How many of you have been duped by fake cosmetics?  I was duped by a man who came to my job selling fake urban decay naked palettes for $20 each about a year ago.  I was so thrilled I got such a good deal that I gave some as gifts.  The same man sold me counterfeit mac eyeliner but I only paid $1 each.  When I realized I had been duped he quit coming up to my work regularly and we have not seen him since. 

The eyeshadow actually made my eyes burn, but I did not put it together until I found out the urban decay was fake.  No telling what I put on my face.

Today I was shopping around on the offer up app and I saw counterfeit urban decay, too faced chocolate bars, mac, and a few more.  I don't want anyone else to get duped like me, the quality of these fakes is horrible and the ingredients aren't regulated.

I always afraid to buy from anywhere other than from the store for this reason. It's a shame though because there probably are some killer deals out there, but I won't chance it.

Back